Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

how do you lower the V height

6K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Capn Kirk 
#1 ·
I am 5'6'' and would like to lower height of the bike any suggestions? What would be the most affective way?

#2 ·
Yop can use the “Search this Forum” near the top of each Forum page and search for Lowering.

I went with Speedy's lowering kit and you will be very happy. $127.00 is cheap for being able to tough the ground flat footed.

I’m using everything “Speedy” makes and enjoying :yeahsmile:them all.

http://motowerk.com

http://motowerk.com/Versys.aspx

:thanx:

Standard Lowering Kit

detailed information

Models: Not ABS Ready

WR Lowering Kit

detailed information

Models: ABS Ready

#7 ·
CDBonnett, thanks for the info with the lowering kit and how to use this forum. I do have a question, do you have to lower the foot pegs as well and does it change the response time of the V and do you have to adjust the tension of the chain?

#8 ·
Ribeye......I'm also 5'6". You do not HAVE to lower the footpegs as well when you install the lowering kit. However, you may want to for another reason. As comfortable as I was riding on the Versys in either the stock, or lowered position, I installed the lowered footpegs to take some presure off my old hips. For me, it worked like a charm.

As to your question about response time, I can't say I noticed any change.

I did have to adjust my chain slightly after installing the lowering kit.

Frog

#9 ·
Ribeye,
You may also want to get a thinner seat, like the OEM gel seat. Or you can do it yourself (cheaper) by removing the foam in the front portion of the seat and replace it with one layer of gel from WalMart (automotive). That will get you another two inches and helps a lot. All of this is described elsewhere on this Forum.

BTW, if you use Speedy's lowering kit (highly recommended) you will also need to install Speedy's Flatfoot kit to shorten the kickstand. If you reduce the thickness of the seat, you'll want to lower the foot pegs too, using Speedy's Footpeg lowering kit.

Soften up the front and rear suspension will help a little too.

#10 ·
ScottyNeal,
Hey man thanks for your response and giving me some great ideas. I'm new on the forum and I am learning how to us it. I really appreciate all the assistance and great advice that I am getting from V-riders. I'm going to order Speedys lowering kit.

#13 ·
I now have Speedy's lower kit and mirror ext. his stuff is awesome. I can't believe how much the lowering kit helps. I also love the mirror ext. I am going to buy his lowering flatfoot kit. Thanks,every one for assisting me in the right direction and I now am a Speedy believer, he makes great stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.