Grip puppies - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Grip puppies

Very cheap farkle added today. Grip Puppies. The added width is nice and they are super comfy. Easy to put on with water and a little dish soap. I trimmed the right one about 3/16". The left one fits about 1/2" over the bar end, but it gives you that much more of a comfy grip.

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The dealer is getting my 2015 V1000 in this week, ordering accessories in advance.

I was wondering what size Grip Puppies I need for the V 1000. I saw two different diameters.

Since I don't have the bike yet, not sure which one to order.

Thanks
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 04:33 PM

Garage
Grip BUDDIES for me. Easy on and off, nice and thick, dampen vibration etc. But to me the best feature is no more hand cramping due to the V's thin stock grips and my huge hands.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/grip-buddies/review.htm

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by otrp View Post
The dealer is getting my 2015 V1000 in this week, ordering accessories in advance.

I was wondering what size Grip Puppies I need for the V 1000. I saw two different diameters.

Since I don't have the bike yet, not sure which one to order.

Thanks
These are the ones that I got. Dollars to doughnuts, they'll be perfect for your V1K too. I didn't know there were two sizes. Guess I just got the right ones. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FD6DXW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

Todd
White 2015 650 LT
Apple Valley, Minnesota
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 09:26 AM

These can be found on eBay. Same thing except almost half the price. You don't have to pay for grip puppy brand name.

Grab On Grip Covers Foam 5" Long Fits 1.25" to 1.45" OD of Grips MC402
Brand: Grab On
Color: Black
Condition: New
Vendor Part Number: 179222
New Grab On Foam grip covers grips for 7/8" bars. These covers fit over existing grips and heated grips. They add extra padding and reduse vibration for a variety of motorsport applications.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
For those of you that have these installed, how do the Grab On Grip Covers hold up to the elements (for example - sun light)? Will they dry up and crack within a year? One place that I order through has these in the 5" length and 4.25" length. The 4.25" length seems to be a better fit since they would not require any cutting (my stock grips are around the same length). Am I better of with the shorter length or should I get the 5" length and cut them down?
My Grip Puppies have been on my other bike for 3+ years and they don't look any different from the day I put them on. I have Grab On grips on my Versys and since they look almost identical to the Grip Puppies I'm hoping for similar performance.

If you're certain the 4.25" are the right length you should go with them. But if there's any doubt you should get the longer ones and cut them down.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
Grip BUDDIES for me. Easy on and off, nice and thick, dampen vibration etc. But to me the best feature is no more hand cramping due to the V's thin stock grips and my huge hands.

Grip Buddies Review - webBikeWorld
+1 on the Grip Buddies. I had them on and really found they made a diff, then had to remove them when installing the Oxford Heaterz grips in January. Was able to re-instill over the Oxford's, and the heat transmits just fine through the Grip Buddies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3101626.jpg (50.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P3101642.jpg (45.5 KB, 6 views)

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode