more power needed - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
more power needed

i know this is a versys site but i have a er650f racer and i am looking for more power. the bike has a full arata ti system, pc III usb with custom map producing 72.4 BHP but need more. i am looking for someone who can tell me where i can get cams,pistons,one piece valves,con rods and any other performance booting parts also details of any other mods to improve power.

really needed for isle of man manx grand prix 2011

thanks
rick72

Last edited by rick72; 12-01-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 02:11 PM

Isle of Man

WOW!!! Are you going to ride the infamous Isle of Mann!!

If so... I hope your riding skills are up to the task. That course has taken many lives the past several years. If you have the chance I would advise pre-running the course several times...starting off slow and gradually coming up to speed after several circuits. Talking with other riders that have rode the course for danger points and what are the 'good' lines, etc, etc...:good idea:

I'm sure you will get input on engine mods to pump up the power. Also look at suspension mods as you need to get those ponies to the ground. You could have all the power in the world but if your suspension hasn't been upgraded to handle it you could be in for some nasty surprises.

Been there done that in the dirt as a former expert desert racer. Going down in the dirt hurts, but doing a face plant on the tarmac has more serious consequences... Done a few of these too but fortunately the Good LORD saved me for another day...

Best of luck to you and keep us advised on your progress.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dave from sunny Eastern Oregon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Edit/Delete Message
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 03:31 PM

search on V2sam - 85hp plus ER6.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 05:26 PM

Dude, that's awesome! A few years ago there was a pro racing class for two cylinder bikes here in Canada - Canadian thunder, I think it was called - and an er6 was running up against Buells, BMW's, Ducatis, KTMs and such. Ducati won the series handily, thanks to their 848 and an imported rider from Italy. However, in the round I watched at Calabogie, the er6 was midfield the whole race. Very impressive! You can do it man! (Sorry can't help with the mods.)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
"I've been roadracing EX500s since 1999. Won a few natl twins titles, with a fast rider.. Johnny Staska. You guys can google up that stuff.
My 540cc EX engine makes about 70 dynojet HP. My 600cc EX motor makes 80. The 600 will break a crank in two, usually some time after 250-300 race miles. I've got a (stiffer) crank stroker 650cc EX500 in the works, which should make closer to 90HP... With a 32mm (in) valve head. Who ever said that these bikes don't respond to porting, should be discounted immediately. I've spent hundreds of hours porting and flow testing EXs. Stock heads flow just over 100CFM @ 10in H2O. A good 32mm head will flow 140. My stroker 500 mis on the back burner, since we built a Ninja 650 Racebike.
The Ninja 650 made 98HP with 12.6 to 1 compression. I just revised to a single ring piston and 13.8:1 compression. Haven't been back to the dyno yet.
BTW, I've got 3 complete racebikes for sale, including the championshp winner... With a fresh 600cc engine. Also have a couple of nice race engines for sale."

Alan Rodenborn
http://www.racingunlimited.com/

"We do not use high compression pistons. JE pistons weigh more than stock. Heavier parts move slower. We run stock pistons, with a milled head and cylinder. Depending on the track, we use different combos of Versys and 650R cams. (A cheap route, is to install a Versys intake cam in your 650R, and put the 650R intake cam in the exhaust.) We have billet cams ready to grind, but until we start getting some requests, they will stay in the unground form. Proper porting & compression nets the biggest gains.
Stock rods stretch a lot faster. Not a big problem, until you start getting over 75 hp. My engine builder is currently building some flat track engines. One is a 700cc, the other 750 using stock bore/rod length, with stroked crank and custom built pistons, with pin location moved. Those should be in the 90+ hp range.

Gary "BRP"
http://www.blueridgeperformance.net/

V2Sam: http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=5625

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=5862
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 11:00 PM

you just need to just find a very good porting guy. and vsam bored the throttle bodies. i pc5 with auto tune will help a lot also because the afr map will stay the same no matter what weather or altitude. its sweet. bigger intake valves would be good also. i have 70.59whp and 45.39wtq with slip on pc5 auto tune secondary throttle plates removed and air box cut open. i weighed 268lbs and i ran a 12.75sec at 105mph. i just bought 14t front sprocket not installed yet.

good luck man
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the help and any more would be appreciated as for suspention all done full race nitron rear shock and modified cbr 600 internals in the front. this will be my 9th time on the isle of man but 1st on er6 been riding 400 nc30 and classic for years so things are going to be different all work will be done by myself apart from some milling and remapping of pc III after all work is done

rick72
ps a few pics of me in action in the isle of man

Last edited by rick72; 12-02-2010 at 03:00 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 06:06 PM

Rick72, what's the specs on the NSU? Sportmax? From the colors on the pipe, I'll bet it's Ti.....

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 03:38 AM

Sam is up the road in York by the way. Might already have seen him, in Performnace bike last month for the TLs supercharger/garage.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

thanks 133bhp i'll pm him...as for the nsu its a 1 off frame built by harry warburton in 1961 when he was doing a lot of work for reg dearden. the engine is a 250 sportmax originally a lot of mods over the years the owner is the world famous nsu guru harold nuttall who has owned it for over 30 year and was a very good friend of the harry warburton. i personally have won lots of races and 6 championships on it beating bigger and quicker bikes check it out under graham rickman.

ps the exhaust megga is just polished mild steel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode