well i guess i need a new airfilter... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Unhappy well i guess i need a new airfilter...

sense i only got about 40mpg on my last tank of fuel and this tank isnt looking much better (down to last pebble and only have 160 miles on it so far. so i thought id try to check the air filter...... well that could have gone better..... first off i was an idiot when i installed my alarm and mounted it to the gas tank.... and forgot to put a disconnect in the power cable to it... ok so i clip the wires and add a weather proof connector and get back to removing the tank... first time doing it so oh what fun it was to get the fuel line off... but i got it ... without braking anything...so then i pull the air filter out.....errr well most of it out..... part of it fell apart and fell back in to the air-box (good thing from years of working in shops i instinctively shoved some paper towels down the intakes first) $hit!!! once i got it all pulled and vacuumed out i noticed the bottom part of the filter was covered in what felt/smelt kind of like drum brake grease?!?! the foam gasket around the out side of the plastic filter framing was all gummy and degraded and fallen apart
so i need to try to find a complete air filter (as cheap as possible) or some kind or replacement for both the element(those are cheap) and the foam gasket ..... anyone have any leads?

good news tho the clean side of the air box was still nice and clean looking so i guess the filter couldn't have been that degraded before i moved it ....

the dirty side (side before the filter) on the other paw was a bit dirty.. found a few butterflies and a bee... and some more of that greasy oily looking stuff... i tried to clean it out the best i can without fully pulling out the air box...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170524_173617.jpg (38.4 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170524_173523.jpg (39.5 KB, 181 views)

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Here is a link for all parts for your bike.
2008 Kawasaki VERSYS (KLE650A8F) OEM Parts, Cheap Cycle Parts

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypilot 69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypilot 69 View Post
Here is a link for all parts for your bike.
2008 Kawasaki VERSYS (KLE650A8F) OEM Parts, Cheap Cycle Parts
thanks, i actually already found and ordered the replacement element..... right before chad let me know he has a extra BMC high flow filter hes going to bring out to me....

so if anyone in the welches area needs to service there air filter after next week can hit me up and i can pass it on

yes im a guy.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
thanks again to chad sylvester is back on the road again man your awesome thanks a ton

yes im a guy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode