Arrow Dark Installed - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up Arrow Dark Installed

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...5&id=699186102

Installed new Arrow Dark pipe.

Love it!

The sound with the baffle in was like a wet fart meets tin can. Remove it and you get the smoothest deep tone Ive heard on a rice bike. Sounds amazing.

It can get noisy if you try but its great sound. At highway speed you have a sound that essentially fades in with the wind. Ive had bikes that drone at speed and that gets old... fast.

This pipe is fantastic. Dropped atleast 10 pounds off the bike.

Seat of pants feel: Bike feels like it spins up a bit faster and pulls a bit stronger on launch. I feel like the front want to come off the ground a bit easier than before.

EFI seems to have dialed itself in following warm up. I get a mild pipe fart if I run the the gears and left off hard. Thats typical. Its always farted but its not muffled now. In general almost no pops at all.

As for the clearance issues folks mentioned... I have no less than .5 inches clearance with the bike on sidestand. It gets bigger when I sit on the bike.

Not sure whats different about mine.

Instructions do not come with the pipes.

Thats a joke. The diagram that shows the exploded parts view shows the hanger bracket in reverse of how I installed it.

I would say its the best 250 Ive ever spent on a bike upgrade.

Gives it real character.

Thanks for reading.

Whis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Pipes looks great, God bless Johnny Cash to!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Haha! I picked that up in Luchenbach TX. I had that on my first scooter years back. I figured it was time to revive it! Panniers are made for stickers.

My first scooter 83 CB650SC Honda Nighthawk

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...4&id=699186102

'09 V - Blue
Arrow Dark Slip-on * Nation Cycle Vstream * Corbin Custom Seat * Happy Trails Panniers * Big Fuggin Grin

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 05:10 AM

Ole Luchenbach was a fun place to visit. Not much there but I had a good time. Got a few T-Shirts from the store. I had a good time on some of those roads out there too. "Bob Wills is still the King"!

Missing Texas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lukenbach.jpg (159.0 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg Luchenbach_2.jpg (189.6 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg 336TX.jpg (71.7 KB, 75 views)

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Thumper; 11-16-2010 at 05:45 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Pipes looks great, God bless Johnny Cash to!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 09:37 AM

I'm with you on the Arrow Dark Whispanic. Although other farkles may provide additional comfort or efficiency, the Arrow just makes riding the bike lots more FUN . Sounds much better without the baffle. I get lots of compliments on the sound (even from some of my HD buddies). The "instructions" do stink. I initially installed the hanger the wrong way. Once I switched it around, no clearance issues at all. Enjoy.

Dark Arrow Slip-On Exhaust, Spencer's Seat, Alaskan Sheepskin Buttpad, Givi Windshield, Givi E460 Topcase, SW Motech Crashbars, SW Motech Alu-Rack, Cortech Sport Soft Saddlebags/Tailbag, 16T Front Sprocket, Kawasaki Z-1000 Mirrors, Speedy's Handlebar Riser, Speedy's FlatFoot, MFW Highway Pegs, Gerbings Heated Gloves
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 10:01 AM

Nice looking bike you've got there, Whispanic.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the positive feedback. Yeah, Luchenback is a nice nothing of a place to hide out. Ive owned a few bikes one being a Harley. Ive got to say the Arrow is one of the greatest sounding pipes Ive come across. Now only if the focused efforts on instructions!

'09 V - Blue
Arrow Dark Slip-on * Nation Cycle Vstream * Corbin Custom Seat * Happy Trails Panniers * Big Fuggin Grin
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 07:18 AM

Nice bike and nice Arrow.. ...also Mr. Cash can take me to Folsom prison...Yeah!!!

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
arrow, dark, exhaust, pipe, slip on

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode