Clamps or Joints for Footpegs? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Clamps or Joints for Footpegs?

I just received my SW-Motech crash bars. I ordered the MFW highway pegs also, but didn't order the mounts as I was unsure which system to go with.

I like the idea of a "cleaner" look the joints allow, but I'm a little concerned about drilling into the crashbars. The clamps look very sturdy, and would offer some additional adjustment, but I don't know how I would like the look. Any suggestions? Pictures of either would be helpful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dark Arrow Slip-On Exhaust, Spencer's Seat, Alaskan Sheepskin Buttpad, Givi Windshield, Givi E460 Topcase, SW Motech Crashbars, SW Motech Alu-Rack, Cortech Sport Soft Saddlebags/Tailbag, 16T Front Sprocket, Kawasaki Z-1000 Mirrors, Speedy's Handlebar Riser, Speedy's FlatFoot, MFW Highway Pegs, Gerbings Heated Gloves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 03:22 PM

I went with the MFW clamps. I was like you and not sure if I would like the look, or if they would even work well. I really did not want to drill my crash bars. They look much better than I thought, and work great. I would like to have been able to mount pegs a little lower, but don't keep my feet out for long periods anyway.

Here are some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4582.jpg (457.0 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4583.jpg (400.1 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4584.jpg (638.4 KB, 241 views)

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Thumper; 11-03-2010 at 04:37 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 07:30 AM

Clamps...

I would not drill into the bars., I have the same bars. I think you need 7/8 inch clamps, they are very had to find because most foot pegs go on large tube crash bars. I ordered mine on Ebay when I ordered my foot pegs. ($20) Please measure your tubes as my 7/8th may be wrong.

Cb

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Thanks a BUNCH thumper. I appreciate your effort. The pics are invaluable. I think the clamps look just fine. I'm going to order them.

Thanks for the heads up cb1313. I believe Twisted Throttle is aware that the MFW pegs for the SW-Motech crashbars (for the V) are mounted on the lower bars. They offer the appropriate clamps that fit the lower bars

Dark Arrow Slip-On Exhaust, Spencer's Seat, Alaskan Sheepskin Buttpad, Givi Windshield, Givi E460 Topcase, SW Motech Crashbars, SW Motech Alu-Rack, Cortech Sport Soft Saddlebags/Tailbag, 16T Front Sprocket, Kawasaki Z-1000 Mirrors, Speedy's Handlebar Riser, Speedy's FlatFoot, MFW Highway Pegs, Gerbings Heated Gloves
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 08:43 PM

SW Motech Hiway pegs

Here are mine and my air horn!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0365 (Small) (Small).JPG (59.3 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0355 (Small) (Small).JPG (52.0 KB, 151 views)

04 Triumph Bonneville 904 SE
08 Suzuki B King
10 Kawasaki 650 Versys
Vietnam 1969-1971
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
You may want to consider this:-

http://www.motorbikepartsdirect.co.u...-footrest/655/

looks pretty impressive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode