Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Continuing Updates

4K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Element 
#1 ·
My Versys is getting ongoing updates. Acerbis handguards added over the weekend.

I don't care for the logo, but it's molded in.....

New Hyperpro shock mounted up yesterday. I need to go out and try it in the twisties to see how well it works. So far I will say it's stiff (I asked for it to be) and well controlled.

3800 miles on Pirelli Scorpion Syncs. The stock tires only went 3100 miles, so this is an improvement. Grip and feedback are better too. Quite happy with these so far.

I have a loobman and G2 Throttletamer waiting to go on, and a Givi windshield on the way. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Cheers,

Kurt

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice, you will like Givi wind screen, offers much better protection then stock. I think it will help on those cold days too. I got mine used and really like it so far.
I will have to post a list and pic's of my cheap ass add ons, mostly used stuff and 1 DIY Carbon Hugger cost me $25 bucks.:thumb:

Donn

#4 ·
1 DIY Carbon Hugger cost me $25 bucks.:thumb:
Looking forward to learning more about that. :thumb:

I have the loobman chain oiler installed. Be prepared to clean your bike more often or live with a dirty wheel and swing arm. The hardest part other than deciphering the directions was bending the wire mount just right to hold the oiler head.
Yeah, I fooled around trying to mount it a few weeks ago, and couldn't get it right to my satisfaction. I'll try again soon. As for the dirty back wheel, I guess I'll live with that. I hate going on overnight rides and having to dragoon someone into helping me lube my chain.

#8 ·
I bought the emulsion model, which is cheaper and less adjustable. My recollection is that it was ~$600 including shipping. Good value for money, IMHO. For some folks it might not be good enough, and they would want the 3D model which runs closer to $1000. They have you fill out a form with information about your weight, riding style, etc., then build the shock for you. I figured if I had more adjustability that I'd just mess things up. :D

I am really liking this bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.