Techlusion FI Processor - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Techlusion FI Processor

Has anyone installed one on their Versys? I have used similar products like a Cobra 2000 on other bikes with very good results. My goal is to completely eliminate the intake backfire and jerky part throttle reponse. Tell me about your expectations and results. I don't like power commanders. I will gladly give up a few MPG's for a better running bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 04:47 PM

Two Bros Juice Box....

Yes I believe my Two Brothers FI controller is made by Techlusion or Dobeck and works great for adding fuel.. richer mixture..no more lean pop..less gas mileage . About 40 highway..35 city..It's easy to adjust..It's load based so when you twist the throttle the injectors are on longer..However, I also removed the sub throttle plates ,plugged PAIR hose ,adjusted TPS, and put an Arrow slip on pipe...Plenty of power, and fuels perfectly at small throttle openings...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Thanks........not sure if this could be related to the problems, but I just checked the throttle body sync with the mercury sticks and they were off by 1 3/4 to 2 inches. Seems a little too much. I would prefer to correct this first instead of $$$$$ for something that won't................now what?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrider View Post
Thanks........not sure if this could be related to the problems, but I just checked the throttle body sync with the mercury sticks and they were off by 1 3/4 to 2 inches. Seems a little too much. I would prefer to correct this first instead of $$$$$ for something that won't................now what?
Techlusion can only add fuel in broad ranges to the already progressively too rich stock mixture.
Did you check throttle body synch at 1300 rpm idle? If mercury level is higher on the left, open left TB vacuum bypass screw a bit more than it already is. If mercury level is lower on the left, turn left TB vacuum bypass screw back in to adjust. Leave the right TB screw closed.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

The left throttle body vacuum reads higher. I took a long hard look at how to access the adjustment screw...............tough.

Thanks
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 11:14 PM

I idled mine with the airbox removed and rear of fuel tank propped up for easy access to left TB screw, and to the TB vacuum fittings. I covered the TB inlets and crankcase vent with original airbox filter element, but you can also use a clean lint-free towel.
Here's the left throttle body's vacuum bypass adjustment screw at the end of red pointer, as seen from fuel tank's rear mount:

Last edited by invader; 09-29-2010 at 11:23 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Invader, thanks for your help. I adjusted the left t/b through trial and error. It took 3 attempts, r/r the tank and air box, turning screw, back together and measuring balance. I had to unscrew it 3/4 turn which brought the levels from almost 3" difference to about 1 3/4 to 2 inches. I noticed right away it idled smoother...........rode it around a little and a definate improvement in drivability, no intake backfire (so far!) I will leave it alone until the the next air filter service then I will turn the screw out another 1/4 to 1/2.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 09:42 PM

When I checked mine they were both turned in all the way! I thought this strange and talked to the mechanic at the steelership, he said it was not uncommon. At any rate they did need adjusting and adjusted the right side less than 1/2 turn. It has better response just off idle.

If you're not living life on the edge, you are taking up to much room.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john westcott View Post
When I checked mine they were both turned in all the way! I thought this strange and talked to the mechanic at the steelership, he said it was not uncommon. At any rate they did need adjusting and adjusted the right side less than 1/2 turn. It has better response just off idle.
You adjusted it by turning the right TB screw out 1/2 turn, leaving the left TB screw turned in all the way? Are you sure about that, and about both being originally turned in all the way?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 09:21 PM

Yes, I know it is werd but that is how it's set.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john westcott View Post
Yes, I know it is werd but that is how it's set.
That is strange, but it might explain why the left TB screw was also originally closed... That's left as when you're sitting on it? Is your left TB's outer IAP sensor hose on good and snug, and not cracked or leaking? Left TB to engine head flange is on tight with no leaks?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 07:58 AM

Yes they are good and snug, I did the hose mod awhile back. The thing runs great with no issues.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode