Seat Concepts Installation (PICS) - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Glenno
  • 1 Post By Glenno

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

Seat Concepts Installation (PICS)

Seat Concepts Installation (PICS) 2016 Versys 1000

Removed 70 or so staples from stock cover. Stock foam is two pieces. Cleaned and sanded stock seat pan. Used 3M spray adhesive and placed new foam. Covered with new seat concepts cover and worked from front to rear to staple. Used 1/4" stainless steal staples and an electric stapler. I'll let you know how it feels later after I ride it to work and back today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG5608.jpg (46.7 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG5610.jpg (23.6 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG5611.jpg (22.4 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG5603.jpg (37.4 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG5612.jpg (22.5 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG5615.jpg (55.3 KB, 251 views)
unstable_rider likes this.

Versatile Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Excellent!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenno View Post
Seat Concepts Installation (PICS) 2016 Versys 1000

Removed 70 or so staples from stock cover. Stock foam is two pieces. Cleaned and sanded stock seat pan. Used 3M spray adhesive and placed new foam. Covered with new seat concepts cover and worked from front to rear to staple. Used 1/4" stainless steal staples and an electric stapler. I'll let you know how it feels later after I ride it to work and back today.
I like how yours has the slippery part for the rider and the frictiony part for the passenger. I love to be able to slide from side to side with ease when I ride, but my wife hates slipping around on ours. She has to use a seat pad to stay planted.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Here are some pics of the finished product installed. I have to say it was immediately a more comfortable seat and ride. It's wider, pockets your butt, is firmer, and doesn't lean forward. It is all around an important improvement for me. I rode 20 miles to work and 20 miles home today. I found I didn't even think about rear end comfort level, it just wasn't a factor. No moving around and wiggling to get it just right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG5622.jpg (56.9 KB, 319 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG5619.jpg (37.4 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG5620.jpg (45.7 KB, 204 views)

Versatile Versys
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable_rider View Post
Excellent!

Thanks for the excellent! It really is

My son is traversing the Northern Lakes of Minn for 10 days in August with the BSA. I have a buddy who lives in St. Cloud. Versys rules!

Versatile Versys
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
I like how yours has the slippery part for the rider and the frictiony part for the passenger. I love to be able to slide from side to side with ease when I ride, but my wife hates slipping around on ours. She has to use a seat pad to stay planted.
Me too. Sliding around is great. Happy wife, happy life! Trust me I know.

Versatile Versys
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 06:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Here are some pics of the finished product installed. I have to say it was immediately a more comfortable seat and ride. It's wider, pockets your butt, is firmer, and doesn't lean forward. It is all around an important improvement for me. I rode 20 miles to work and 20 miles home today. I found I didn't even think about rear end comfort level, it just wasn't a factor. No moving around and wiggling to get it just right.

Did it give you room to sit back more. I seem to be riding some on the hump between the riders section and the pillion. Thinking the SC option or Terry Adcock. Seat Concepts is only about 50 miles from me so i would just take the bike to them.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Did it give you room to sit back more. I seem to be riding some on the hump between the riders section and the pillion. Thinking the SC option or Terry Adcock. Seat Concepts is only about 50 miles from me so i would just take the bike to them.
I don't think it will sit you back further. If anything it may be a little less. The pocket of the SC seat is more defined then the stocker. You don't sink down in the softness like you do with stock seat. It is firmer in the right places. You pretty much sit and don't have to do a lot of wiggling around to find the sweet spot. It sits me perfectly as to feel natural for me. I went out for a 2 hour spin tonight and I'm feeling good. No issues or weirdness to report. I'm 6' tall w 30" inseam. Maybe you can contact them, ride over, and try one on for size before buying?
weljo2001 likes this.

Versatile Versys
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 09:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
I don't think it will sit you back further. If anything it may be a little less. The pocket of the SC seat is more defined then the stocker. You don't sink down in the softness like you do with stock seat. It is firmer in the right places. You pretty much sit and don't have to do a lot of wiggling around to find the sweet spot. It sits me perfectly as to feel natural for me. I went out for a 2 hour spin tonight and I'm feeling good. No issues or weirdness to report. I'm 6' tall w 30" inseam. Maybe you can contact them, ride over, and try one on for size before buying?

Thanks, Yep, i should just give them a call and see what they can do..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 09:53 PM

I just bought one from bwwoodard for my 650. It does not look like that at all. Mine has a definite flat spot with just a few curves to cradle my butt. Not on the bike yet, so I will try for some pictures on Friday. Of course there are bound to be differences between the 650 and the 1000 - which is the bike Glenno has and I think Weljo just got one also. BTW - Nice job on the install Glenno!!

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 10:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcintucson View Post
I just bought one from bwwoodard for my 650. It does not look like that at all. Mine has a definite flat spot with just a few curves to cradle my butt. Not on the bike yet, so I will try for some pictures on Friday. Of course there are bound to be differences between the 650 and the 1000 - which is the bike Glenno has and I think Weljo just got one also. BTW - Nice job on the install Glenno!!

Yep just got the 1000 but i did have a Seat Concepts on the 650 also....

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode