Highway Dirt Bikes (HBD) Handguards - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Highway Dirt Bikes (HBD) Handguards

Anyone using HBD Handguards on their V? Co-worker showed me these today and I think a set of these is in my future but looking for those that have gone before to share their experiences.

They are not cheap but they make everything else I have looked at seem a bit wimpy. I also really like the various options for bar end mirrors, turn signals, etc.

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 08:13 PM

I too, have been eyeballin' the HDB Handguards, so I measured the handlebar top clamp on the V and realized the bolt pattern was trapazoidal and would not match the rectangular bolt pattern of the HDB top clamp. I'm not saying it can't be done-just saying its more difficult than just bolting on.

Last edited by Tex Vs; 09-17-2010 at 09:16 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

I have been told that they do custom top clamps too. Might have to work up a minimum order here to make it go though. They are out of the office until next week but I plan to give 'em a shout and discuss.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 03:46 AM

They were a brief consideration for me last year.
If I remember correctly I sent them an email asking how it will fit on the V. but never got a response.
And then there was that price....
They are a nice bit of kit but even Zeta's I have now are overkill for my (road) use.

Do report if you get them.

Cheers.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Well, bad news lads. Got an email back from HDB today. Sounds like they are a one man show and he doesn't have time for prototyping and barely is keeping on top of orders. So, there won't be a top bracket for the Versys any time soon. Back to the Barkbuster plan I guess. Maybe with the new CRG Arrow bar end mirrors. http://www.constructorsrg.com/mirrors/index.html

2009 Kawasaki Versys

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 06:42 AM

Send a message via MSN to piranha Send a message via Skype™ to piranha
I am planning to buy Acerbis. I will purchase it in the near future. Here is the details as per below
http://www.acerbistore.it/product.as...1733&C=206&L=4
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Have a look, direct bolt on no mods required. http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...4012#post74012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode