MUZZY!!and oem removal - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
MUZZY!!and oem removal

Put the muzzy on last night. Thought I might have to remove the wheel to get OEM off-But after exhaust jits tire you should have enough room to twist the oem pipe upside down a bit which allows it to slip right off. You do however have to remove the right side bracket for the foot brake/peg to remove the long muffler bolt.The Muzzy slips right on no probs. Im no ace mechanic-but it probably took a half hour to do the swap, maybe 45min if i count the looking at deciding how anxious i was stressing if i had to take off the wheel or not!!. This should be similar to any exhaust system removal of the oem.BTW-The Muzzy is LOUD- when you grap a handfull anyway. If you short shift and don't rev it too much its pretty mellow. But when you grab yourself a handfull-Wow. I also have the race core to try(for closed couse only- yeah right) My neighbor with the loud ass harley w/straights is gonna get an earfull. At least I dont leave at 6am in the morn!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
LOL! Are you serious? It's not loud enough already and you're gonna run it with a race core? Wow... I added a domed baffle plate to my core, and I also have the header. It's a bit hard to get the core back in without having the fiberglass packing snagging on the 'Muzzy' plaque rivets tips which I had to ground down a bit.
I wonder what that race core looks like.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Well I didnt say I was going to run it all the time! But I gotta see how loud it is!! The only difference I can see is that the internal cor/Perorated pipe is about 1/5'' larger diameter.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Talking

OK- Put the race core in yesterday and WOW It sounds awsome-Definitely louder But so much more throaty. Not quite harley loud but i am noticed. The std muzzy core I can barely hear as i zip down the hwy at speed- The race core I defineitly hear all the time.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 04:54 AM

If you loosen the manifold nuts ( 4 x 14mm ) the exhaust drops down enough to pull the OEM silencer off easily .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode