Bar Risers ???? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Bar Risers ????

I am curious if anyone has tried the Rox Speed Elite handle bar risers on a Versys yet . I have them on my KLR and they simply rock .
If the Rox Elite will not work on the Versys and you have something else that is adjustable as the Rox Elite , please let me know .

Thanks , PO-SLOKE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 07:52 PM

I put a set on a couple of weeks ago. So far they're great. I can adjust them to exactly where I want the handlebars. They fit perfectly. If you've already had a set then you know what they're like - wonderful!

A diamond is just a hunk of coal
that didn't quit under pressure
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docteric View Post
I put a set on a couple of weeks ago. So far they're great. I can adjust them to exactly where I want the handlebars. They fit perfectly. If you've already had a set then you know what they're like - wonderful!

MOST AWESOME ....So , next question . Did you have nay troubel with cables and such ? Re-routing ? Binding ? etc... etc... ?
If no problem to difficult to sort out , I will order those babies tomorrow . Got them on my KLR and everyone wants to ride the darn thing to see how they like them . I should be getting a commision ya know ? lol

Thanks , Wes ... aka... PO-SLOKE

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 08:01 PM

'thought I replied already, but it didn't show up. Maybe it'll be there twice. I put the Rox on my Versys a couple of weeks ago. It works great. I'm not sure which one I have (don't have the receipt in front of me) - It's the one with spacers for the handlebar so you can use regular or the fatter bars. Fits fine, now I can set the handlebar exactly where I want it.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 08:03 PM

I guess I did post twice. My bad.

I had no trouble with the cables or anything. Very easy install.

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

you did reply my friend , but I was curious if you had cable problems getting them installed . Did you have to re-route cables and such .
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

AWESOME AGAIN ......... Tag , you are it . Thanks Bro . I am ordering tomorrow .
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 08:43 PM

Any pics of them on the bike? Would I be able to pivot them enough forward to effectively LOWER the bars?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 01:53 PM

I would like to know if there is any handle bars with a bridge like dirt bikes this way we can hang more stuff off them.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docteric View Post
Can you provide a link as to where to buy these?

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 04:54 PM

Can some one post some pictures? I would like to see these risers.

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Here is a thread on www.klrworld.com with a really good explantaion and photos of the RoxSpeed risers . RoxSpeeds website is easy to google . I sure hope it is ok to post a link to another Forum on this site . There has been some really stupid behavior envolving a klr.net forum . [/url]www.klrworld.com[/url] works well with other forums and has no problem with us posting links to any other forum . www.klrworld.com is a top notch , NO BS tech site that appreciates all responsible riders and has no problem with us posting links to or from other sites that maintain a professional attitude . Just thought I would say that in the event someone has issues with me posting this helpful link .

http://klrworld.com/forums/index.php...ox+risers.html

http://klrworld.com/forums/index.php...ox+risers.html
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 04:17 PM

Thanks for the links, but you have to register to get to them.

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

States I've ridden in so far

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Wasn't sure if that was a member area or not . I will try to post a photo of them but will have to wait until tomorow when there is enough light to on out and shoot them . LOL
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 09:31 PM

Wow, I go away for a few days and the thread gets swamped

Yes, I did effectively lower the bars by bringing them closer to me. They're not actually lower because they'll hit the gas tank. But since they're closer they feel lower (if that makes any sense). I actually have the base of the bar a bit higher, and then rotated the grips portion to bring them to almost touching the tank. The nice thing about the Rox is that they're easy to adjust so I can try lots of different set ups.

The Rox that I got have the ability to hold either the regular sized bars or by taking out spacers you can put on the larger bars. It's the larger bars that have the cross piece you're writing about.

I'll try to get some photos of the set up posted. It will take me a bit since I've not done it before and I'm really slow.

I got mine from happy-trail.com. Great folks and I got it in just a couple of days.

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 05:41 AM

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/ca...?subcat_id=268

Very well designed risers. I don't feel a need for them but now I wonder if there is something I could be missing.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgatt View Post
http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/ca...?subcat_id=268

Very well designed risers. I don't feel a need for them but now I wonder if there is something I could be missing.

Yes , you may well be missing something . I have the Rox Speed Elite risers on both my bikes . I did find that the cables were a little cramped at first on my V , but playing with them a bit setteled that down .
it seems to me , that cables are not always just exactly the same from bike to bike . And I mean the same model bikes . Cables on one may be a little tighter than others but I did fine with it on mine .
The Elite model risers are the ones that will excpet a 78/ bar and or a 1 1/8 bar if you remove the shim . They are of exceptional quality over some cheap stuff and are infinitly adjustable . Really well made bar and have a custom look .
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 08:58 AM

Mine are on a brown truck somewhere between Cali and NC. Hopefully will have them mounted up by next weekend and will post some bike bling pictures and ride report.

Got 'em here:
http://store.advdesigns.net/rox1.html

cheers,
/neil
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_asheville View Post
Mine are on a brown truck somewhere between Cali and NC. Hopefully will have them mounted up by next weekend and will post some bike bling pictures and ride report.

Got 'em here:
http://store.advdesigns.net/rox1.html

cheers,
/neil
Dad burn , I think I started a flippin' epidemic for bar risers here . LOL
I have always liked the rox risers , but my first intention was to find out if there was cable issues with them on the V . Mine worked out great with a little bit of paying attention to the cables , It sure gets things into your hands allot better .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode