Jardine exhaust - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Jardine exhaust

As requested: photos and video of new Jardine fitted to my 2010 V. :

Without silencer:

And with silencer fitted:

I have also 'modified' the rear to make my own tail-tidy.

And have fitted a GiPro gear indicator and Pazzo shorty levers and a Radiator-Guard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jardine 1.jpg (31.1 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg Jardine 2.jpg (32.9 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg My tail tidy.jpg (27.0 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg Pazzo shorty 1.jpg (35.4 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg GiPro.jpg (29.0 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg Radguard.jpg (34.4 KB, 121 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 08:04 AM

Wow. That'll wake the neighbors! Looks/Sounds good. I dig the shorty levers, too.

2009 Versys
2000 Vulcan Drifter 800
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 08:57 PM

I just added the S/S version {it's got an OVAL cannister}, and really like the sound. I used to have an Akrapovic {see pics in library}, and this sounds much better. My KLR had a Jardine on it for quite some time and it held up great, hope this ones gonna be as good.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 09:06 PM

The videos pretty much sound the same with and without the silencer. I have liked the looks of the jardine since I first saw it and looks good on your 2010, but I ended up getting the arrow slip on.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowcat13 View Post
The videos pretty much sound the same with and without the silencer. I have liked the looks of the jardine since I first saw it and looks good on your 2010, but I ended up getting the arrow slip on.
Well...not really. The vids don't do it justice, as with all the sound bites from differing exhausts. You really need to hear them ALL in person. The sound is much different with / without the insert. MUCH deeper without, but still not obnoxious. With the silencer in, more "raspy", lower DB, very good tone. 'Course, it might be because I'm hard of hearing too......
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline View Post
Well...not really. The vids don't do it justice, as with all the sound bites from differing exhausts. You really need to hear them ALL in person. The sound is much different with / without the insert. MUCH deeper without, but still not obnoxious. With the silencer in, more "raspy", lower DB, very good tone. 'Course, it might be because I'm hard of hearing too......
Hi Redline, no you are right. The 'note' is raspier with the silencer fitted. I ride through a long tunnel everyday and it makes me smile........
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 03:49 PM

Garage
i keep going back and forth about this exhaust people are saying different things about it. im loving the sound of it but people are saying that after about 3000 miles it falls apart and stuff like that...i was wondering if you had any input about the quality of build and the longevity of the product
Thanks Matt

Don't say that, Never say that, Goonies Never say Die!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrich2417 View Post
i keep going back and forth about this exhaust people are saying different things about it. im loving the sound of it but people are saying that after about 3000 miles it falls apart and stuff like that...i was wondering if you had any input about the quality of build and the longevity of the product
Thanks Matt
It's been MY experience that they ALL need to be checked now and again. I've owned Muzzy, Two Bros, Yosh, Akra, Jardine, SuperTrapp and found that they're all pretty good. Each has posotives and each have negatives. What I HAVE noticed though is that single cylinder {especially large bore} motors tend to wear out the cans quicker than multi-cylinder motors. The exhaust pulses are violent and vibration prone. You don't get that with the multi's. I "can" tell you that the S/S version {oval} that I have looks to be of the same quality as all the others I've mentioned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode