BT023 feedback - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
BT023 feedback

Hi,

Can't wait to put these Bridgestone 023 on but existing 021 front/020 rear has still plenty of meat on.
My dad had put the 023 on his BM R1100RS and loving it.

Appreciate your feedback on these 023. My dealer who is the sole distributor for bridgestone Malaysia motorcycle tyres informs Bridgestone Japan is always asking on the plus/minus points for improvements. All bridgestone bike tyres come from Japan direct, he says.

Though climate wise we are different, overall opinions wouldn't be far too off.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Nothing like a new set of shoes
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Well, they LOOK good....

And to clear that up, I've never used them, just being a smarty pants....

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 10:21 AM

Initial turn in takes more pressure but once over correction is easier and accurate so it takes some getting used to. I liked the BT021’s handling better. Hoping for longer wear though. Seems like the traction is a little better, I know it is in the wet.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 10:38 PM

I have over 1k miles on mine and the handling is outstanding. Nice grip wet or dry.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Surely my next set for the V.

Bridgestone all the way.

Formula 1 tire suppliers and their quote:
Tire that won the race even before it started.

( stupid-there were no other tire manufactures there to compete)
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Good and Bad, Thanks for the feedbacks, Guy. Keep them coming.

We are customers whose lives and safety depends on tyres that perform. Cheers.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 10:05 PM

Coming from BT003RS, the BT023 surprised me.

've been running it for 5000km. There's more grip then I need to scratch the peg. My Versys feel planted even in heavy rain. Wear is minimum (maybe I'm too gentle on the throttle; 230/260kpa). They are expected 15000-20000km for me.

The profile is certainly more rounded than the OEM dunlops. I'd say a bit less rounded than Pilot Power 2CT. You will need some distances to get used to it.

Before I tried sport touring tire, I thought they are crap at grip. BT-023 has proven that I was wrong

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 04:29 AM Thread Starter

Cheers, Lokto7.

This is a my reply for a question from a PM (for all to share):

Hi Arsalan,

Good to know you.

I just tell the Bridgestone guy its BT023:
front - 120/70 ZR17 MC (58W)
Rear - 160/60 ZR17 MC (69W)

or it's for the Kawasaki KLE 650 versys.

Asked my dealer if putting a wider rear tyre like 170/180 is alright but he told me because the exhaust is so close to the tyres, the heat will degrade the tyre faster. Keeping them the stock size.

There is also another BT023 model called BT 023 GT.
This is for heavier bikes but we are good with the normal 023.

Cheers and Best Regards,
Steven.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 10:06 PM

Those are some meaty looking tires. I may try them too after my BT 016's wear out...as long as they stick good since I spend most of my riding time leaned over!

"When It Rains, Get Wet"
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

BT023 info at http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/...198&LookupID=8

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 11:29 PM

any more feedback on these guys? time for new shoes.

thnx,
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Maybe some info at http://www.bridgestonebikersclub.co.uk/

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 04:52 AM Thread Starter

Changed mine to Bt023.
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...t=4763&page=12

Many positive feedback by bikers here especially on the ER6.
Also good response by many orders from retailers in Malaysia.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 04:08 PM

Great feedback on the BT023's .... Thanks guys :-)
I have done my homework on the theory of comparing specs etc and my 1st choice is the BT023. I currently have a brand new BT015 on the front which is working very well.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

FYI, attached sales brochure of BT023.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IMG.pdf (2.55 MB, 172 views)

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Presently using BT 016 and done 13K+ Km on both tires and still looking good for another 2~3K. Recently had a nail in the back tire and have plugged it internally and looking good.

Was talking to the tire guys on BT23 for the V and the comments was Bt016 is better as the V is light weight and BT016 is soft compound tire, whereas BT023 is heavier and hard compound and will suit better for heavy bikes.

A bit confused weather to go for BT023 or BT 016, Some feedback for members who have used both BT016 and BT023.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 01:25 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to rponiarski
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlee29 View Post

Asked my dealer if putting a wider rear tyre like 170/180 is alright but he told me because the exhaust is so close to the tyres, the heat will degrade the tyre faster. Keeping them the stock size.
I Have been running a 170 rear since I replaced my OEM Dunlops at 8,000 miles, first with Pilot Roads and now with Conti RoadAttacks. I didn't notice any degradation from the tire, even with my Two Brother's exhaust right next to it. Yes, it is a bit less agile, turn in is a bit slower, but stability is improved and it holds a line better than the 160 stock size.

Only down side: a slight chicken strip on each side...

Richard M. Poniarski
'09 Kawasaki Versys
AMA#: 674623
ROK #: 100024905
Everybody is entitled to the reality of their own choosing...

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 02:20 PM

I'm on my 2nd set of BT-016's. Thought about getting the -023's but I like the 016's so much i put another set on. Got 6000 miles out of the first set. The -016 rock, smooth, locked in feel, corner excellent super grip, and feel solid in the rain. I"ll probebly go with the -023's next time just to compair.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-24-2010, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

Asked why the inverted tyre thread on the BT023 front to bridgestone USA:
Their reply:

Steven,

A motorcycle tire and the forces it is subjected to during use is drastically different from a car tire. It is typical for the tread pattern of a front motorcycle tire to “point” in the opposite direction of the rear. A lot of research has gone into the shape of the tread grooves to help optimize things like steering, stability, and water evacuation. To be sure your motorcycle tires are rotating in the correct direction, you should always check the stamping on the sidewall. Attached are examples of the rotational indicators on Bridgestone front and rear tires. These would be viewed from the right side of the motorcycle.

Thanks,

Adam Kaempf
Sales Engineering Manager - Consumer Products
Quality Division: Voice of the Customer
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode