Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Handlebar mods

6K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Bear on a bicycle 
#1 ·
New versys owner here. My first ride I felt cramped, actually got a leg cramp, leaned over pushing into the tank feeling. I got the motowerk peg lowering kit and the motowerk handlebar riser kit. The difference was phenominal. I was considering a baldwin seat to keep from "falling" into the tank but with the new handlebar height it pushed me back in the seat and the bike is now very comfortable. The peg lowering also worked wonders for leg comfort. The new height on the brake side was now perfect. ( the stock peg was too high making it difficult to apply rear brake pressure). The shift arm needed some lowering which was very easy to do. I took my first long ride with the new mods and really enjoyed the bike. I've read the posts about the mirror vibration and I've got that in spades, so that's the next thing to work on. It would also be nice if the mirrors were wider. Anyway now I look at the baldwin seat as a luxury item rather than a necessity, thanks to raising the handlebars.

#6 · (Edited)
#8 · (Edited)
The Moto Werk handlebar risers raise the handlebar 1/4" higher than SW Motech riser. All the sharp edges are machine chamfered. They are matching the shape of the motorcycle better and have two ball grooves to improve the grip of the knurled surface of the handlebars. Also they come with stainless steel screws, and they cost less.

Attachments

#11 ·
The Moto Werk handlebar risers raise the handlebar 1/4" higher. All the sharp edges are machine chamfered. They are matching the shape of the motorcycle better and have two ball grooves to improve the grip of the knurled surface of the handlebars. Also they come with stainless steel screws, and they cost less.
Speedy, any chance of an 1 1/8 in version with a new top plate?
+1. Is it feasible to create something similar that would allow us to move up in size, with respect to tapered bars?

#13 ·
Hi guys,

This riser cannot be reversed, so the only way it will work is up and backwards.
If comes to a riser for 1-1/8" - I presume that you mean the fat bar, the design would have to be totally different because of the lack of the space between the bolts, but I think that it's not going to be a pretty picture.

#16 ·
If comes to 1 1/8 bars I will try to think of something reasonably esthetic and practical, however for now I will put it on the backburner because I would like to design something different. If comes to cables and brake lines there still is some slack left. Probably enough to raise the bar another ¼ “.

#19 ·
I would post a pic if I knew how. It is exactly the same shape and size as the existing handlebar holder. It is slightly lighter in color as it has just been machined, but I'm sure natural oxidation will make it look like the rest of the handlebar holder. You would never know it was there if you didn't install it yourself, it just blends in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.