Vibranator, anyone used one - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Vibranator, anyone used one

Before you say only the wife/girlfriend. Check this out.

http://www.vibranator.com/
wombat north is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Member
 
JakeSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Very high tech, it should work, look forward to a review from someone here.

-------------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jake Sabre
2009 Kaw Versys
40 years riding, 2 years MX racing
20 bikes owned over time, 3 MC shops worked at
Couldn't live without 2 wheels and a motor
JakeSabre is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 12:44 AM
Member
 
bill_milstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Saint Leonard, MD
Posts: 668
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looks cool...you'd just think that they would choose a different name.

2009 GREEN Kawasaki Versys


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bill_milstead is offline  
 
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 06:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_milstead View Post
Looks cool...you'd just think that they would choose a different name.
but how can you fit it inside the handlebar? its a tight hole, not like in the picture..

but agree on name change.. otherwise milfs will be looking for it thinking itīs a kinda of... oh well...
ninogui is offline  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator
 
Bear on a bicycle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Converse, Tx
Posts: 4,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thought I was gonna have to delete something.......



Bear on a bicycle is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Member
 
MN_Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninogui View Post
but how can you fit it inside the handlebar? its a tight hole, not like in the picture...
You would have to drill out the bar end mounts in the stock bar or put on an aftermarket without bar end mounts...
MN_Smurf is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Thought I was gonna have to delete something.......
not surely because of the word vibrator? lolol
ninogui is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Member
 
kenr74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The wet part of Oregon
Posts: 774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Doesn't look like it would work with bar end mirrors or bark busters.

1974 Kawasaki F11
2004 Yamaha WR450 plated
2014 Kawasaki Versys 650
kenr74 is offline  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Member
 
hikewithmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr74 View Post
Doesn't look like it would work with bar end mirrors or bark busters.
I had the same deduction. For whatever reason lately, I can't seem to shake off the wrist pain. I am apt to go more the route of 1-1/8" oversized bar, as other thread seem to merit it's benefits; and, I can keep the handguards in.
hikewithmike is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Member
 
Capn Kirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 4,740
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikewithmike View Post
I had the same deduction. For whatever reason lately, I can't seem to shake off the wrist pain. I am apt to go more the route of 1-1/8" oversized bar, as other thread seem to merit it's benefits; and, I can keep the handguards in.
I have had numbness in my left hand all the way to my shoulder. This has gotten worse since I bought my bike. Never thought about the bike causing the prob. Doc & neurologist tested and says Carpal Tunnel.

Do you have a link to the larger bars thread?
Capn Kirk is offline  
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Member
 
hikewithmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
I have had numbness in my left hand all the way to my shoulder. This has gotten worse since I bought my bike. Never thought about the bike causing the prob. Doc & neurologist tested and says Carpal Tunnel.

Do you have a link to the larger bars thread?
This is the post (http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...95&postcount=6) in particular I am talking about, you can read the whole thread also other's opinons.

They (Rox Risers) make a standard riser and an Anti-Vibe Riser, but supposedly with the thicker bar you will get less anyway. I replaced the stock bar with a SE Pro Taber, and it still isn't quite the fix, not to mention I am no longer comfortable with the bend. Trial and error, unfortunately, is costing my pocket book.
hikewithmike is offline  
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator
 
Bear on a bicycle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Converse, Tx
Posts: 4,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninogui View Post
not surely because of the word vibrator? lolol

Not the word, but you can never tell what you're going to get when you click links....






Bear on a bicycle is offline  
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm new to the forum but I thought I would let everyone know I sprayed Great Stuff foam into my stock handlebar and I can really tell a difference in the reduced amount of vibration - so much so that it made riding the bike much more likeable. I just unscrewed both bar end weights, stuck the tube into the throttle end and sprayed it in until it started coming out the other end. An insignificant amount of foam came out of one of the tiny holes where the cable ties plug in, but nothing to worry about - just let it dry a little and pop it off. I went back the next day and repeated the procedure, let it cure a few hours, knocked off the excess at both ends again and put the bar ends back in. It is definitely a cheap option and significantly reduced the amount of vibration to the hands. I also found some cloned "grip puppies" on Ebay and that helped too. Not sure if it will show up but here's a picture of my bike:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/000_0743.jpg

Last edited by bamabacker; 08-17-2010 at 01:13 AM.
bamabacker is offline  
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 01:56 AM
Member
 
jchristian79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sacramento, Ca
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabacker View Post
I'm new to the forum but I thought I would let everyone know I sprayed Great Stuff foam into my stock handlebar and I can really tell a difference in the reduced amount of vibration - so much so that it made riding the bike much more likeable. I just unscrewed both bar end weights, stuck the tube into the throttle end and sprayed it in until it started coming out the other end. An insignificant amount of foam came out of one of the tiny holes where the cable ties plug in, but nothing to worry about - just let it dry a little and pop it off. I went back the next day and repeated the procedure, let it cure a few hours, knocked off the excess at both ends again and put the bar ends back in. It is definitely a cheap option and significantly reduced the amount of vibration to the hands. I also found some cloned "grip puppies" on Ebay and that helped too. Not sure if it will show up but here's a picture of my bike:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...r/000_0743.jpg
Interesting approach! Is this foam just like the weatherproofing spray foam you can buy at home Depot? Might be worth trying since I've got some lying around in the garage. Just not sure about the permanency of it. I can't imagine it'd be easy to "undo" this, right?
jchristian79 is offline  
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
That foam is an interesting idea, optional to silicone paste.
Although I would follow the silicone way. Have used that foam in the past to close gap holes from outside porch into inside home. Problem is after about 6 months the foam started to break down into a fine grit sand, did not maintain solid properties
ninogui is offline  
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 10:19 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
"Is this foam just like the weatherproofing spray foam you can buy at home Depot?"

Yes, it is. I saw it at HD for $3.98 last Saturday. I had a can on hand and thought I would try it. I was pleasantly suprised at the results. I suppose it could break down over time but I'm not too concerned about that. Just happy to have some relief!
bamabacker is offline  
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My wife just confessed!

Before knowing me she used vibranator a lot!


hheheheheh sorry couldnīt resist, every time I look at the post header I laugh
ninogui is offline  
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator
 
Bear on a bicycle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Converse, Tx
Posts: 4,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Welcome aboard 'bama!




And I KNEW somebody was going to go there....





Bear on a bicycle is offline  
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Member
 
jchristian79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sacramento, Ca
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post

And I KNEW somebody was going to go there....

just a matter of time I guess...
jchristian79 is offline  
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Member
 
Boricua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 1,236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Great stuff is a polyurethane based product. This material degrades when exposed to sun. However, I do not think it will see much sun inside the handle bars.
Boricua is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome