Part identification help. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By JACoH
  • 2 Post By 1stversys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Part identification help.

Since purchasing my '09 Versys I've begun to follow the bread crumb trail the previous owner left behind. There is a Powerlet socket mounted right behind the seat on the left side and wired into switched power. There is a fairly old model Two Brothers exhaust. Finally there is a set of heated grips with iffy wiring and a toggle switch in the dash that only works in Low.

The one thing I cannot for the life of me figure out is this small black box mounted in the left front fairing.

There is a USB port sticking out that doesn't work and it looks to be wired well and plugged into the loom, maybe going down to a sensor.

I haven't had the chance to pull the fairings to get a better idea of the wiring or what it could possibly be wired into. There is also no markings on the box. I even did a Google reverse image search that didn't help.

Anyone recognize this part? The bike runs like its tuned will for the exhaust, which makes me think it's a power controller or A/F controller but I'd like to place the brand to get exact info on what the product does.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1457221528886.jpg (6.3 KB, 91 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 05:04 PM

I believe it is just an ebay USB power box attached to the fairing. I'll bet if you follow the wires they go to the stock power port wires. Previous owner probably plugged in his phone or GPS to it. Maybe open it up and see if there is anything fancy in it, probably not.
chadams66 likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

I would do what JACoH said. HOPE it solves the issue.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 11:59 AM

Garage
When in doubt, take it apart. Good motto to live by
Lours_Polaire and silviefox like this.

14 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS (kawi green)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 02:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACoH View Post
I believe it is just an ebay USB power box attached to the fairing. I'll bet if you follow the wires they go to the stock power port wires. Previous owner probably plugged in his phone or GPS to it. Maybe open it up and see if there is anything fancy in it, probably not.
+1. It must be a 12v to 5v converter for usb charging.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode