• 1 Post By Lours_Polaire
  • 1 Post By cjcintucson
  • 2 Post By Curtis
  • 1 Post By flyer88

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to Squarebanks
Handlebar "Pullback" Risers?

What do you guys think of these for an '08 KLE650? Seems cheap and might be good for me. They make the risers anywhere from 3.5" up to 6.5" I believe. I get bad fatigue in my arms from stretching forward to reach the handle bars, while also trying to maintain an upright seating position. I'm a new rider so I probably ride a little stiffer than I should, which I know doesn't help. It would be nice if the handle bars were a couple inches higher and also slightly pulled back for more comfort. I am 6'3"

I am planning to drive my Versys from Anchorage Alaska to Cocoa Beach Florida in May. I am working on making the V more comfortable for touring, but I will also have access to a truck should I find myself unable to handle the long hours on the road.

I've looked at a few other bar risers recommended from members but I'm trying to be as budget conscious as possible, and I will primarily be buying from Amazon so that limits me somewhat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 09:04 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
What do you guys think of these for an '08 KLE650? Seems cheap and might be good for me.
those don't work with your OEM riser, but others will.
Squarebanks likes this.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 09:43 AM

Check out the Motowerks anti vibe risers. Google it and you will find a video from our own Weljoe. Also do a search in our site. They only increase height around 1+ inch, but I think you can get some that are larger. I am 5'10 with normal arms, and with these risers on my '09, and the bars pulled back ever so slightly, I am in a very neutral position not having to lean or reach.
jon_r likes this.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 10:05 AM

Garage
Looks good but

Sold by Krator and distributed by Kapsco Moto

You're a few letter away from KraPco Motor ...

LOP
Squarebanks likes this.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 10:40 AM

A couple thoughts from a not very mechanical observer. 1) Have you tried tilting your stock bars toward you (and if that helps be sure to adjust the effect on mirrors, levers, etc.) and 2) be careful how much rise you put in because at some point you will have to lengthen your cables and than it will no longer be a "budget build". Veterans riders, please let him know how much rise he can do without other major changes needed.
jon_r likes this.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Those you mention won't work on your '08, but IF you want to add some height AND a bit of 'pull-back', I suggest you look at the ROX Risers. I have 2" ones on each of my Vs, and they "rise" the bars, PLUS allow you to move them forward or aft, and stock cables work.

One set is "anti-vibe" the other NOT, but I personally do NOT see the need for the "anti-vibe".

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 02-11-2016 at 11:49 AM.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Those you mention won't work on your '08, but IF you want to add some height AND a bit of 'pull-back', I suggest you look at the ROX Risers. I have 2" ones on each of my Vs, and they "rise" the bars, PLUS allow you to move them for

One set is "anti-vibe" the other NOT, but I personally do NOT see the need for the "anti-vibe".
Thanks for the input everyone! Greatly appreciated. I hadn't even considered that if I raised the bars too much I would need new cables

I really like the look of those ROX risers, Eddie. They were just a little more expensive than I would like (~$115 on amazon). I did add them to my amazon wish list so I'll have them for later, but sounds like I might just have to go with those.

Thanks again everyone!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcintucson View Post
A couple thoughts from a not very mechanical observer. 1) Have you tried tilting your stock bars toward you (and if that helps be sure to adjust the effect on mirrors, levers, etc.) and 2) be careful how much rise you put in because at some point you will have to lengthen your cables and than it will no longer be a "budget build". Veterans riders, please let him know how much rise he can do without other major changes needed.
I tried fudging with the bars a little but couldn't get much movement out of them. I'll have to take a closer look as spring gets closer. My bike is currently put up for the winter so it's not very easy to run and take a look at it, unfortunately.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
Thanks for the input everyone! Greatly appreciated. I hadn't even considered that if I raised the bars too much I would need new cables

I really like the look of those ROX risers, Eddie. They were just a little more expensive than I would like (~$115 on amazon). I did add them to my amazon wish list so I'll have them for later, but sounds like I might just have to go with those.

Thanks again everyone!
I bought BOTH of my Risers from the FOR SALE section of this forum...! Can't remember how many $....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 07:29 PM

I just installed the "Moto Werk" anti-vibe on my 2014. I was looking for a little rise and a little pull-back. These were perfect because, although they space the bars 1-1/16" from the original position, they only raise them about 3/4" at the most. This is because the handlebar mount on the '07 - '14 is at a angle. So, the "Moto Werk" was "just the ticket" for me - - about 3/4" up and 3/4" back.
jon_r and binderline like this.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 10:09 PM

Garage
good info on bars...

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/H...r-Measurements

May can be early for the hiway. just because we didn't get any snow this year don't mean they didn't get it in Yukon... or BC for that matter.

if I'm answering your question I assume the basic points have been addressed, such as: did you do a compression test? is it still on fire?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 12:45 PM

Garage
X2 for the Rox Risers. They allow for a multitude of adjustments and can be found for a decent price IF you look around. I've got the Motowerks AND the ROX on my bike. The combo was needed for my gorilla arms and the need to be riding standing up on some of the unimproved roads in Alaska!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF8476.jpg (81.8 KB, 420 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8477.jpg (78.2 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8509.jpg (74.2 KB, 339 views)

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 10:31 PM

Garage
I have the Rox Risers and would highly recommend them....

$68 with free shipping.
Rox Speed FX Pivot Bar Risers 2" x 7 8" Clamp Bar 1R P2SSN Natural Silver | eBay

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2016, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
X2 for the Rox Risers. They allow for a multitude of adjustments and can be found for a decent price IF you look around. I've got the Motowerks AND the ROX on my bike. The combo was needed for my gorilla arms and the need to be riding standing up on some of the unimproved roads in Alaska!
Did anyone call for Ape Hangers? I couldn't imagine any difficult situation handled with these except complete wipe outs. They are popular in CA (on sunny Saturdays only, usually.) Note the cool helmets if they do go down on their $30K bikes.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2016, 09:25 AM

The MotoWerks regular risers are $50. That's what I have and they work good.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 09:43 AM

Used to have massive shoulder pain from bars too forward.
Just rolled them back to the point they wouldn't hit the tank.
Perfect
No pain.
Pix650 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode