Valve adjustment cost - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Valve adjustment cost

Has anyone got an idea of this cost? I'm at 20k and I might go ahead and get it done before spring even though it's a bit early
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEACHBUM View Post
Has anyone got an idea of this cost? I'm at 20k and I might go ahead and get it done before spring even though it's a bit early

I got mine done at a shop in Orange County and i believe it was just under $500.00 that included a throttle body synch, oil & filter change,new spark plugs and some other stuff included in the price. Had it done at 15,000 miles and they were spot on. So i felt it was a waste of money at the time. My FJR is suspose to be done at 26,000 miles but I'm going to do it at 36 or 40 thousand she's at a little over 32 and runs like a top.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 01-15-2016 at 02:00 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
It's free of charge if you do it yourself, and you can make sure it was done, and done right... Measuring your valve lash clearances is much easier than adjusting them. They have to be measured first anyway.

That would be very foolish, weljo. She'll run all good and fine until you burn out a valve because clearance was lacking.

Checking what they settled at after break-in, along with a precise adjustment will ensure your peace of mind, along with optimum engine efficiency and performance for the long run.

Last edited by invader; 01-15-2016 at 10:02 PM.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 11:21 PM

Quote:
For just the valves (all adjusted), about $350 (CA rates). But add normal 10k mile stuff or yearly/bi-yearly items like brake fluid, cooling fluid, (clean) filter, plugs, ... then add a couple of hundred to that.

But when they are all adjusted, it runs incredible. I've got a 2012 like you I believe, so we may need to stay on top of them more than other years except 2011 (I don't mind... too much.) All mine needed adjusted around 10k miles: not way out of adjustment, but it was just my first known valve adjustment. The first valve job is the sweetest in performance. If this is your first one at 20k miles, you will be happy with the performance if all valves are adjusted (and they needed it.)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 11:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
It's free of charge if you do it yourself, and you can make sure it was done, and done right... Measuring your valve lash clearances is much easier than adjusting them. They have to be measured first anyway.

That would be very foolish, weljo. She'll run all good and fine until you burn out a valve because clearance was lacking.

Checking what they settled at after break-in, along with a precise adjustment will ensure your peace of mind, along with optimum engine efficiency and performance for the long run.

True, I just changed the plugs and the oil at 31,000 miles so I'll just take it to the shop before 36K.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltbuck View Post
Weeeeee...lard......try breathing normal during vids bro.....your out of breath sitting on a motorcycle?... Weeeeeeeeefatazz...
wtf?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Suk it special ed
my names not ED but thatnks for noticing my specialness

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 07:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Weeeeee...lard......try breathing normal during vids bro.....your out of breath sitting on a motorcycle?... Weeeeeeeeefatazz...
wtf?

Quote:
wtf?

Don't mind him. He's one of my obsessed stalkers thats off his meds.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 08:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Weeeejojo really knows the deal....*****fied mommy boy can't even breathe. Watched karate kid for 35 yrs(explains his weight) his mail ordered bride won't even stalk him

You're just mad you can't be me....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 08:44 PM

Where are the Mod's?
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
Where are the Mod's?
meh let this train derail, we need some winter entertainment

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
Where are the Mod's?
Ive been away on a great ride all weekend on my Ninja 1000 in Beautiful Queenstown, NZ until my left pannier came adrift at 50 kph come around a corner but it was only scratched up but a bit peed off as bike only got 3000km on it but my expensive red wine brought from a winery was in right pannier. It was my fault as I did not slide the pannier correctly into locking position.

Back to business of forum have noticed threads getting out of hand and personal attacks which are unacceptable as this forum has always been friendly in my experience so us mods need to start taking more action.

Cheers

Phil
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
I can picture that, was there in 2014, looking at heading to Australia in around November, possibly 3 months--may need to shoot you a PM and set something up when I get more organized, last time I drove about 2000KM in OZ.

On the other matter, best to read from start to finish on the problem threads-------and glad you enjoyed the ride
I think we may be talking about two different places, I was meaning Queenstown, New Zealand not Queensland, Australia but both are great places to visit.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
I think we may be talking about two different places, I was meaning Queenstown, New Zealand not Queensland, Australia but both are great places to visit.
It was Queenstown New Zealand --however I --------------------
Relocated to Off Topic don't want to derail this thread

Last edited by onewizard; 01-17-2016 at 01:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode