Extra LED Brake Light Install - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Extra LED Brake Light Install

I wanted a little more light in the tail end of the bike when braking. I already installed the flasher here.

If you want to install lights in your Givi V46 topcase, this is how I did it much cheaper than the admore kits.

Follow the link above for the Givi V46 project and there is a YouTube video that demonstrates the intensity of the extra row of LED's at the license plate better than the photo below.

Here is how I did it..

I decided on a product called "Stopper" extra brake light for motorcycles. The thing is, I could not mount it to the license plate due to "bobbing" the fender and wanting to keep my reflector. I fabbed a bracket to keep the reflector up tight with the plate. So I fabbed another bracket and placed the second brake light above the plate far enough behind so it would not cast a shadow from the factory license plate light. Its hard to see in this animation, but the light is really brighter than the picture shows. The lights are completely off until the brakes are pressed, then the clear bulbs light up red.

There are 2 models of "Stopper" lights.
1. With clear bulbs & clear lens (which I have and lights up red).
2. Red lens.

They can be set up to run as running/brake lights (with extra harness & $) but I chose just on during brake.

I went to Lowes and bought a couple feet of Black Nylon Sprinkler hose to use as protection for the wires running inside the fender up into the seat & wiring area. My wife also bought me a helmet lock made by Kuryakyn. Works Great!

Last edited by Capn Kirk; 04-01-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 09:00 AM

Every little bit helps

This may well be the small difference in someone seeing you or not. Even if it's a small change, anything is better than nothing. Nice write-up. I had considered the Admore kit for the Givi case as well as the LED bar to go under the mount.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
YOU ARE SEEN.

The more the better.Nice work too.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 04:44 PM

I have the same light wired as a running light. I also installed a Back-off XP modulator on stock light and on Stopper brake mode. Both flash 5 times and then steady. SUPER BRIGHT. If anyone rear-ends me now, I will have to beat them cause they must have had their eyes closed. Great products for the $$.

"Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open"
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 07:28 AM

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode