suspention - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
suspention

Ok so i'm looking at the manual because my suspention feels like i'm hitting a brick on every bump. So we only have rebound in the right leg, preload in both and preload and rebound in the rear, is there no high or low speed compresion or any other adjustments other than fork oil or a revalve?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 10:20 AM

Yep, that is it, Mine is a little harsh too, but it works for me.

Todd
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 10:38 AM

Jake
I'm 205 lbs with all equipment. I set the front preload all the way out, rebound at one turn. I set the rear preload at softest setting, rebound at softest setting. Worked well for me.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

I'm a bit on the heavy side so i don't think i can put it full soft, i guess i'll start with the preload and set it, then work on rebound, Anyone know what the sag is suposed to be with the rider on? i thought it was suposed to be about 3/4" -1" but i'm not sure.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
I'm a bit on the heavy side so i don't think i can put it full soft, i guess i'll start with the preload and set it, then work on rebound, Anyone know what the sag is suposed to be with the rider on? i thought it was suposed to be about 3/4" -1" but i'm not sure.
Yea that is a bit soft, with it being that soft you better put some extra slack in the chain.

I am currently using stock settings, and they seem to work fine for me. But I am hanging off the bike in most of the turns and still dragging the pegs.

As far as SAG numbers there is an article about that. The numbers you are talking about are for a Regular Sportbike, with less travel.

Here is the info you need:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...read.php?t=705

Todd
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Ok so i'm looking at the manual because my suspention feels like i'm hitting a brick on every bump. So we only have rebound in the right leg, preload in both and preload and rebound in the rear, is there no high or low speed compresion or any other adjustments other than fork oil or a revalve?
Jake,

For the rear shock, even though the manual says that only the rebound damping is adjustable, the adjuster affects the compression damping too. Mine came set up "full hard", and I rode it that way for over a year. Then I changed it to "full soft" (13 clicks out), and it helped smooth out the ride a lot. The spring is still a bit too strong for me, though.

Also, adding a little more damping on the front helped with riding over frost heaved slabs, less bucking.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

OK i took the preload from 7 turns to 5 and the rebound from 1.75 to 1.25 and went on the same ride i did the other day, It feels much better.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 10:05 PM

Jake, I just set my sag yesterday. I'm just at 200 lbs. and I set my preload on the front at 9 turns in which put me at 37mm. I have the rear set at the 5th notch and it's about 40mm. Still playing with the rebond between raindrops. Our Oklahoma roads suck and now we have to deal with rain with our new scoots. I'll be taking the car to work tomorrow. Rained on 2 days in a row.

Last edited by okiesaki; 07-07-2010 at 10:09 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

It was the nw expressway that was kicking my butt, HOK has mine for a day or two doing the first service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode