Guid: *********************************
Serial Number: **************
Model Number: FC17042B
Map Type: 198

2014 Kawasaki Versys KLE650 European model
Stock exhaust
Stock air filter
Dynojet O2 eliminator fitted - 76423007

Status light is not on when ignition is turned on, no power to unit from injector plug. It turns on when connected to PC and loading maps successful. Wiring was done correctly as per manual, orange left tb, yellow right tb, connected to TPS and ground is good. When bridging power to left connector +12V unit status light comes on and unit powers up. No wires to stock harness or FC harness was modified in any way.
Pls supply fix as shipping will kill the cost effectiveness of this unit vs PCV

Unit bought and invoiced from Powerhouse Dyno in Johannesburg, dated 08/10/2015

The above was sent to Dynojet as a technical problem.
Apparently its a known issue they are not addressing in the installation manual. They have sent the 'fix' to an Ozzy, who in return sent in to Micheal A in USA on 09/2014. They were notified to amend their installation guide included in the original packaging.

good and bad
by Michael A. on 08/09/14
Pros: Definitely improves the performance of the 2012 Kawasaki Versys 650 that I own..and their Two Brothers map works well with my Yoshi TRC exhaust (no pops)...
Cons: Oh boy...I ran through two units and two months getting this installed (if I had tried to install it myself I think I would've wanted to shoot somebody)...A wire in their harness needed to be moved in the connector (a power wire..12+..to the injectors)...Long story short..I got the fix from a guy in Australia (he got it from them..but they never mentioned it to my installer)...They now have been told by both me and my mechanic and the problem will be addressed according to them...

::ri ght:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
That Ozzie would be me
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...4-pc5-wth.html

My Other Posts are on another forum

12V+ power wire on the fuel injectors harness powers the Power commander.

unfortunately the monkeys at kawasaki do not keep to simple assembly rules when installing the wires in fuel injector connector - there is no need too as there is no polarity to activate the fuel injector - soooo sometimes the wires are reversed compared to what DynoJet do when building their wiring harness.

Use a multi meter to find the wire that is 12V+, or look you may find that the 12V+ wire is slightly thicker and the same colour on Both connectors... you have to de-pin the Factory Harness and swap the wires around so that 12V+ from Factory harness goes to the RED wire in the PC harness.

Ok here is a pic of the factory connector so you can see the the locking tab in the top hole, just lift it up and the wire will come out

Berty77 likes this.

Last edited by Gigitt; 10-18-2015 at 10:34 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks G, that was some quick info from your side, much appreciated. (Sarf-Efrican Afrikaans: Dankie chomma!!)
I take it then I have to swap both left/right wiring on stock harness connectors to match red wires to PC harness connectors, albeit only left connector powers PCFC.

Result: Problem Fixed!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Great news.

Ride safe.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode