Headlight question - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Headlight question

Today I got tired of the buz in the front so I took the front end apart and got rid of the annoying buz from the cowling and spedo area.

I swear I remembered which headlight cable was low and which was high. I finished the job and noticed the top headlight is on during low beam and both are on with high. Just to confirm this is wrong, right? I'm just assuming the lower light should be on with low setting and the top is only on with the high beams.

The good news is I have no more buzzing I used the staw method for the push buttons and used a hot glue gun to secure the white spedo background to the other pieces. Since I had everything apart I figured I would go overboard and put foam tape everywhere. I still had some noise but figured out it was the windshield. I have the stock, upside down and the givi on top of that. The two were ribbing together so I put foam tape under there too. You would never know, all my foam is hidden under pieces of plastic or metal.

Back to the headlight, do I have it wrong?

Blue 2008, mirror extenders, Givi windshield, side sliders (came with bike), seat mod, 16T front sprocket, Ram GPS mount.
I work weird hours, if I don't reply, I will eventually, depending on the schedule. Also Ham operator VE5PS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 10:54 PM

You got it right. Top is low beam, bottom is hi. Both are on when hi is on. Enjoy buzz free riding!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
The upper larger lamp is your low beam, and the high beam is the bottom one.

Funny that my 2007 has no buzzing problem at all, and without any changes done for it.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 11:17 PM

Ditto invader, not a sound from my 07. Not sure about the 1st 6000 kms as I'm not the original owner, now at 15,000 kms. Perfect.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quite the same here. Not a buzz and the V has done 10K with all kind of road but not dirt roads. Maybe not all V are trhe same,maybe its the dealers who screw thing up. Mine is a canadian model and complete build unit which was imported into the country from Japan.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help.
I bought mine with 1300 KM on it, at around 2200 the buzz started. At least it's good now!!

Blue 2008, mirror extenders, Givi windshield, side sliders (came with bike), seat mod, 16T front sprocket, Ram GPS mount.
I work weird hours, if I don't reply, I will eventually, depending on the schedule. Also Ham operator VE5PS.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
The upper larger lamp is your low beam, and the high beam is the bottom one.

Funny that my 2007 has no buzzing problem at all, and without any changes done for it.
Perhaps Kawasaki shipped a whole slue of 2008 bikes minus some specific rubbery washer things that should have been included to dampen the buzzing...
...and the dealers didn't notice the omitted parts (cuz they don't build a zillion Versys' a month)....and so here we are.

Not a design fault at all....just baggies of part that weren't complete.
Stranger things have happened. Remember the urban legends about coke/beer bottles found in the door panels of chevys????
TRUE STORY...
While shooting a commercial for a Chevy suburban back in the 80's, we found a "4 d-cell Mag-lite in the tailgate......In perfect working order and the batteries were still good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode