I'm trying to remove the instrument panel trim - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying to remove the instrument panel trim

Side panels are off, I've removed 4 plastic rivets and the well nuts where the side panels attach. It is loose everywhere except on the bottom around the instruments and I don't want to force it. What have I missed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEACHBUM View Post
Side panels are off, I've removed 4 plastic rivets and the well nuts where the side panels attach. It is loose everywhere except on the bottom around the instruments and I don't want to force it. What have I missed?
What year is your V BEACHBUM?

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
IF you have 2nd Gen 2010-2014, if I remember right there are a couple bolts down by the side of the headlight surround that you need to remove.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

It is a 2012
Jeff, I did remove two bolts on the headlight shroud, didn't seem to help

Last edited by BEACHBUM; 08-27-2015 at 11:59 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 04:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
It is a 2012
Jeff, I did remove two bolts on the headlight shroud, didn't seem to help
Did you remove the windshield as well? I remember the first time I "tried" to remove mine it took a bit of figuring. IF I remember right it was kind of snug even with all fasteners removed. I also made the mistake of thinking the panel around the instruments came off and then realized that the forward panel came off and the little one stayed put. Let us know if you figured it out.

There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
Did you remove the windshield as well? I remember the first time I "tried" to remove mine it took a bit of figuring. IF I remember right it was kind of snug even with all fasteners removed. I also made the mistake of thinking the panel around the instruments came off and then realized that the forward panel came off and the little one stayed put. Let us know if you figured it out.
Sounds like I'm trying to remove the wrong panel. If, by the forward panel, you mean the fairing around the headlight, then I'm doing it all wrong. I'll try again and let you know
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 06:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Sounds like I'm trying to remove the wrong panel. If, by the forward panel, you mean the fairing around the headlight, then I'm doing it all wrong. I'll try again and let you know
I did the exact same thing. The panel around the instruments you can see while sitting on the bike is stationary. The bigger one that is towards the headlight is the one that gets removed. It took me a bit to figure that out too. You WILL get it.

2011 ADVersys

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
There is a rubber grommet at the very top of the instrument panel that the front panel attached too.

You have to pull that apart without braking the fingers.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Jeff and Gidget for keeping me on the straight and narrow. There are two large plastic rivets I had not removed but now it is off
Thanks
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 02:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks Jeff and Gidget for keeping me on the straight and narrow. There are two large plastic rivets I had not removed but now it is off
Thanks
Great news! I knew you would figure it out.

2011 ADVersys

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode