Assistance on Accessories please
Hi, I am about to place an order for the 650ABS but am ordering unseen as the is only one Kawasaki dealer in Cambodia (just opened) and they don't have a Versys 650ABS. It would have to be ordered from Thailand with 4 week delivery.
Much of my decisions on accessories are based upon forums, ride reports and published photos which are vague.
I have pretty much decided I will go with the OEM Topbox and use SW-Motech 37 litre panniers but I need to decide on:
- skidplate: really needed in Cambodia
- engine guards: just being protective
- auxilary lights: should I use the Kawasaki accessory items
- centrestand: essential here as side of the road maintenance means I cannot carry a jiffy stand.
- horn: important here. most pedestrians expect a motorcycle to be travelling at 30kph and need to scare big black Lexus 470 SUVs
Anything ordered would have to come from Thailand, Singapore or elsewhere with a minimum lead time of 3 to 6 weeks plus difficulties on custom clearance so single shipments are preferred.
Opinions and guidance gratefully received....