Hose dangling after ride - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Hose dangling after ride

Well was on a ride with my husband in hush hour traffic (and he will not lane split)yay..and he looked over and noticed a hose in my chain and told me... So I fourced my way to the shoulder and looked at it and this is what it looked like(pictures below) am I right that it is just a breather (vent)hose from the gas tank or do I need to freak out?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1434149047010.jpg (44.6 KB, 110 views)

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
There is a tank vent and tank filler drain hose that exit down the LHS and usually go in front of the front sprocket cover.

The Tank vent hose has a little plastic breather bottle atttached and then another hose at the bottom. It could just be this lower hose poking out. Mine is not this long to reach that far back but the hoses generally end near the side stand frame bolt as there is a holding tab for wire and hoses near there.

It also could be the air box drain hose, but this hose is larger in diameter and also follows the tank hoses path.

is it loose if you pull on it?
maybe one of these hoses has come free and it has dropped down.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigitt View Post
There is a tank vent and tank filler drain hose that exit down the LHS and usually go in front of the front sprocket cover.

The Tank vent hose has a little plastic breather bottle atttached and then another hose at the bottom. It could just be this lower hose poking out. Mine is not this long to reach that far back but the hoses generally end near the side stand frame bolt as there is a holding tab for wire and hoses near there.

It also could be the air box drain hose, but this hose is larger in diameter and also follows the tank hoses path.

is it loose if you pull on it?
maybe one of these hoses has come free and it has dropped down.
the first owner removed the kickstand kill switch thingy, charcoal box?possible (and possibly other things) and there was no breather hose running in front of the front sprocket like you say and is listed in the book so i ran it that way and put it in the tabs like it showed.....
im guessing the P.O didnt return it to its original location? who knows....
i filled it back up with gas (was down to 1 pebble but not flashing)and am just trying not to think about it

it seemed to be well attached to something some were up tword the underside of the tank (goes out of easy veiw without takeing the bike apart)

yes im a guy.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
looks like the right size and location for the filler overflow
the vent tube should have it's plastic gizmo clipped to the frame just in front and below the countershaft

Last edited by BLACK DOG; 06-12-2015 at 09:13 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The hose listed as the fuel tank drain hose in the book was not were it is listed (the lower part of it were the pen is pointing.. So I assume that that is what the hose is and rooted it down thru as shown in the book.... As I said before he removed the sidestand switch and also had the tank off at one point at least so I'm guessing it never got put back in its place and it just now poked its head out to say hey put me back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1434164492490.jpg (53.1 KB, 68 views)

yes im a guy.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
take a look
the brown thing at 7:00 o clock is the little fuel vent canister

all the wires and vent tubes follow the same route in front of the sprocket cover

that wire dangling in front is the disconnected speed sensor that attaches to the front sprocket

Last edited by Gigitt; 06-12-2015 at 10:18 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2015, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Silvie, as Gidett said, the two vent/filler hoses are next to each other attached to the left side rear off the tank, these held on with metal clips that can be manipulated with your fingers. You can take off your let side plastic and the tank securing bolts and have your partner lift the tank slightly and fit your hand under it to put it back in place if it came off. I suggest you do this with a minimal amount of gas in the tank. I just had my tank off so I could remove the air box, clean the filter, and change the plugs, this being my first venture down this road. If by yourself, you can use a piece of 2 x 4 to support the tank. I did not take mine off all the way, leaving the wiring, vent tubes and fuel line in tact, but did pull it back enough to get the tank off the rubber mounts by the front, and secured the tank partially on its side with bungies and partially resting on the frame. My only caution, having read that a few people had done this, is that if you leave it on and work around it, be careful not to allow the plastic fuel line connector to become damaged. Also, when re-installing, be careful that there are no loose wires or wiring harnesses sitting on the spots where the tank rests. My bad, you have to take off a lot of plastic on both sides to get the tank off and be able to see the area where the hoses connect.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Am I the only one that read the thread title as "Horse dangling after ride"? I was expecting pictures of horses.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2015, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Süsser Tod View Post
Am I the only one that read the thread title as "Horse dangling after ride"? I was expecting pictures of horses.
damn you dyslexia you strike again!!!!

now im off to sell my soul to santa

yes im a guy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode