Versys Hugger Development - Bike Needed - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Question Versys Hugger Development - Bike Needed

Hello all.
My name is Justin and I work at Pyramid Plastics.

The purpose of this post today is to ask if there's anyone that would be awesome enough to loan us their Versys for 4 weeks while a Hugger can be developed.

The deal: We need the bike for a maximum of 4 weeks (work could be completed sooner) so that we can make a brand new Hugger mould for it. We are willing to reimburse any travel costs incurred, or if you would rather not travel up here we could come collect the bike from you. When the work is completed you get your bike back along with a free Hugger for it (as well as an Extenda Fenda thrown in for free).

Ideally looking for a 2008 to current year Versys.

Oh and when it's done, members here will be given a discount code to use on anything Versys that we do. Hows that sound? We've already got something going with the Varadero UK forum where there's been a new Hugger completed and there's satisfied customers!

Get back to us or send an email: [email protected]

While I'm here I'll also post this Youtube Video so that if there any questions on Extenda Fendas (fitting methods mostly) they should be answered. No Video

Cheers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 08:59 AM

Sorry can't help you with a loaner bike but since you are working on a new part how about an Extenda Fenda for the 2010's? Or maybe the existing part will fit??? The Pyramid web site actually lists it for 2006-2007 only unless I'm missing something. I think they fit 2008-2009 too. I've been wanting to get one but haven't seen it listed for 2010 and don't want to get it and have it not fit.

Thanks
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 09:10 AM

I take it you are looking for Versys owners in England?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 09:35 AM

I'm sure you'll have better luck finding testers on the UK Versys forum:
http://www.versys.co.uk/

Cheers for the offer and it's a great project
I have a FendaExtenda and I'm looking forward to the rear hugger.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:13 AM

It's time that someone came up with a "reasonably" priced hugger. Keep us here in the US informed please. The versys is really beginning to take hold over here now. I'm on my 2nd one!

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:18 AM

Perhaps you need to look at some of the existing huggers ( Pyramid, ermax, and my favorite Twinshack ) for ideas. Not sure you need to whole bike...

Toys : 2009 Versys ( Blue ), 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Needs : 2016 Mazda CX-5 ( RIP Mazda5 ), 2007 Honda Civic
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdon View Post
It's time that someone came up with a "reasonably" priced hugger. Keep us here in the US informed please. The versys is really beginning to take hold over here now. I'm on my 2nd one!
Hey Don - how about updating your avatar so it has BOTH! That way you'd beat the rush for Christmas....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 02:03 PM

Sure hope someone steps up here in the UK, I so want a hugger in plain flat black plastic that FITS. Nothing painted, nothing fancy, just something utilitarian to keep the muck off that doesn't cost a hundred quid!
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyramidPlastics View Post
We are willing to reimburse any travel costs incurred,
Cheers.

I'm in...lol

How about a nice long black one...

Ride em if ya got em!
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

We are looking for a Versys owner in England (it helps seeing as travel to and from anywhere else in the world is massively inconvenient!).

@outdoorvtguy - We are Pyramid! The existing Versys hugger was developed during the absence of anyone who could get it done properly. Now we've got someone on board who can mould/make huggers he's annoyed to find out the bike was sold just over a year ago "to make room for other models" Copying other Huggers is not our game. Everything we make is bespoke by us. It costs US more, but means it lasts longer and fits better on your bike.

@Ivan V - Thanks, I'll have a pop on their forums and see if there's anyone near with a Versys. Either way, Versys owners will get a great looking and well fitting hugger!

@juliozx7r - The Extenda Fenda has been confirmed to fit the 2009 (so it is now for 2006 to 2009 and I will update the website to reflect this) but for 2010 we will need to get a new guard in and develop one as the 2010 has a new front guard that the existing Extenda Fenda won't fit.

post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 08:59 AM

Gotta ask...whats wrong with your existing hugger for the mark-1 Versys?
It's on my wish list over all others as I really like how it wraps below the swing arm.
My bikes a 2009. I see you don't list it as fitting the '09's but as far as I know the '09' is identical to the earlier bikes.

Just asking.

I'll shut up now....

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
... We need the bike for a maximum of 4 weeks (work could be completed sooner) so that we can make a brand new Hugger mould for it.
Perhaps a local Kawasaki dealership would lend you one of their floor models in exchange for a `special dealí on your products...

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 05:44 AM

Hello there,

As I am about to pick my 2010 versys in a few days, would like to know if the fenda extenda already fits the 2010 model (is the hugger really different?)

thks a lot in advance
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up 2006 - 2010 Hugger Development and Extenda Fenda for 2010

We have just got a Versys in and we are working on the Hugger for it.

The 2010 Extenda Fenda is also on it's way and will have a product code of 053421 which you can pre-order over the phone.

The Hugger has an expected release time of 3 weeks from today.

I will post photos when the development team let me :P

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:

The 2010 Extenda Fenda is also on it's way and will have a product code of 053421 which you can pre-order over the phone.

Gotta ask...whats wrong with your existing hugger for the Mk-1 Versys?
It's on my wish list over all others as I really like how it wraps below the swing arm.
My bikes a 2009. I see you don't list it as fitting the '09's but as far as I know the '09' is identical to the earlier bikes.

Just asking.??????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

I'll shut up now....

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 08:55 AM

@PyramidPlastics:
Can you please give any estimation on what the price wold be?

@stagehand38:
Same fenders on all pre-2010. Versys. Extenda should fit.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagehand38 View Post
Gotta ask...whats wrong with your existing hugger for the Mk-1 Versys?

Just asking.??????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

I'll shut up now....
I am pretty sure that the front fender ( along with all of the body panels ) on the 2010 is a different shape than the older models hence the need for a new extender.

Toys : 2009 Versys ( Blue ), 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Needs : 2016 Mazda CX-5 ( RIP Mazda5 ), 2007 Honda Civic
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninogui View Post
... As I am about to pick my 2010 versys in a few days, would like to know if the fenda extenda already fits the 2010 model ...
The 2010 fender is a fair bit longer than the prior year models, so you may not want to extend it further (I donít...).

I would recommend a radiator guard though. This nicest one I found is this http://www.evotech-performance.com/a...info_7440.html IMO it has the best protection/air-flow (grid/hole size) compromise of any of the units Iíve seen, itís strong and it fits & looks like it came on the bike. Itís a tad pricey (with shipping) but given that a new radiator is over $500, I see it as cheap insurance... Not to mention not being stuck in the middle of nowhere with a holed radiator!

Enjoy your new ride!

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:

Please keep in mind when you design the hugger that a BUNCH of us have speedy's lowering kit installed and the screw where the ABS bracket goes is unavailable! Speedy's kit also interferes with the area you are working in...See below:

post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 03:34 PM
naz

i like it when aftemarket developers visit our forum to ask our opinion or for a sample bike.its a direct aproach and it can only be positive for customers and the company ofcourse.we just wait to see if it gonna have happy end (price).
this is the power of a big forum and of a huge market(us mostly but universal also).i wonder when kawasaki is gonna show up,i have some words to tell theese folks .common japanese people stop lurking we dont bite

about radiator guards:the best radiators guard airflow belongs to fastoman(hand made)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode