General Maintenance: Parts Lubrication
I have read a few posts via the search tool and picked up some good tips related to this topic. I realize that there are a lot of differing opinions on "the best way" of what I'm about to ask and all opinions are welcome. Please also realize that my V is my first motorcycle and I'm not familiar with many technical aspects of bikes. I also don't have any close friends that ride (nor can I learn from those who do). While it may seem elementary to many, I think the feedback of the more experienced individuals here could be quite beneficial to many of the newbies.
The questions I have are related to periodic lubrication of parts including the materials, methods and procedures (chain aside, as I think I have this under control).
The parts of concern are noted in the service manual for the V and are shown below.
Pivots: Brake lever, Brake pedal, Clutch lever, Rear brake joint pin, Sidestand
Points: Clutch Inner Cable, Upper and Lower Ends, Throttle Cable, Upper and Lower Ends
Cables: Clutch and Throttle.
1) What exactly should be lubed and what type of lube should be used for the brake lever? Any tips??
2) What exactly should be lubed and what type of lube should be used for the brake pedal? Tips??
3) What exactly should be lubed and what type of lube should be used for the rear brake joint pin? Tips??
4) What exactly should be lubed and what type of lube should be used for the points mentioned above?
5) Any procedural advise on cable lubrication would also be appreciated. I just ordered one of those cable lube devices, but would like tips on its use including:
5a) do you have to take off the ends of both cables to lube?
5b) if so, how do you take off the throttle cable ends?
5c) if so, how do you take off the clutch cable ends?
I know this is a lot to ask, but if you anyone can provide some clear advice (pics would help) on these topics I would be very grateful.