Standing and Motowerk. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Standing and Motowerk.

Just got my riser and peg lowering blocks from Motowerk in record time. And I thought Amazon Prime was fast.

A quick question to those riders who like to occasionally stand on their pegs, like I do, and are using the Motowerk peg lowering blocks:

do you feel confident standing on pegs that are extended via the Motowerk blocks?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i dont have there peg lowering blocks but my bike has there rear suspension lowering block and iit looks to be milled from the same metle and i hop off curbs and it hasnt snapped so i think you'll be fine (as long as you weigh less then an 08 650 versys)

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for that vote of confidence.

I had Fastway pegs on my last bike and never used extenders. Standing felt VERY comfortable and stable.

Gonna put either Fastway or TT/SW-Motech ones on the Versys.

Thanks again.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum Tech Dad View Post
Thank you for that vote of confidence.

I had Fastway pegs on my last bike and never used extenders. Standing felt VERY comfortable and stable.

Gonna put either Fastway or TT/SW-Motech ones on the Versys.

Thanks again.
another good idea is google reviews about them or claims against them.... never know but thats just what i do

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Don't overtighten peg on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack425 View Post
Be sure you don't tighten them too much. After two thousand miles, this happened the other day.

I now have a Yamaha dirt bike peg there. Ha ha.

I'll be ordering pegs this week and will slap the blocks back on!
Your weakest point is the left cover/footpeg holder... I made my own out of steel after it broke from a tip over in the bush.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...d.php?p=298722

Last edited by invader; 03-05-2015 at 02:41 PM.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Wow!

I'll assume that that was a stock peg.

Just found out that they don't make a Fastway peg for the Versys.

So it looks like the TT/SW-Motech one will have to be it.

Thanks.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
wrong...Fastways fit the Versys just fine, been using several models of Fastways for years and tens of thousands of miles. very high quality footrests, also somewhat adjustable via the threaded insert at base.

Fastways on Versys, also custom oversize folding tip on brake...

Hmm! That's interesting. Just got this email from a rep of theirs a couple of hours ago, though:

"Hi Peter,

Unfortunately, we do not offer a peg for the Versys.

I hope the fact that your eyes are in good shape is a adequate consolation prize for you.

All the best,
Robin

Robin Warner | Pro Moto Billet & Fastway Performance
11461 Lone Star Road | Nampa, Idaho 83651
phone: (866) or (208) 466-4762 x236 | skype: robin_warner

www.ProMotoBillet.com | [email protected]"

Why would Miss Warner say what she said then?
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 06:11 PM

Garage
I have the Motowerks bike lowering link and footpeg lowering links. I stand on them with no issues. I had seen the pictures of the peg that broke due to overtightening. From Lowes I bought nylon spacers that were slightly too large for gap on pegs. Sanded down to fit, then installed with Factory pegs. Somewhere on here is article about dirt bike foot pegs that fit versys. I picked up a pair on ebay for around $20. did same thing with spacer and I like these much better than factory. wider and more comfortable. Only Issue I have is I recently noticed the left foot peg rocks slightly. Found it is the entire assembly. I will have to take bracket off to tighten Hex mounting bolt on back side.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
she wasn't aware of the full range of models that the Fastways would fit...perfectly, i would add. feel free to forward a copy of the photo of their Evolution footrests mounted on the Versys.

remember, the Versys uses a 12mm pin, so you don't want a set for a moto that uses a 10mm footrest pin, also very common. if you happen on a used 10mm set, you can either bore them very carefully, or purchase a 12mm fit kit. the mounting collar is removable since it can be reversed for a small height adjustment, in addition to the camber adjustment.

the Fastways are stainless steel, they ain't going to break.
This is her reply to your comment above, JD:

"Peter,

We don't have it as an official fitment for this bike, meaning we have never installed our peg on this year, make and model. Can you get the part number that this person installed on this his bike? That would be great start.

Obviously, I would love for you to get back on Fastway pegs!.
R

Robin Warner | Pro Moto Billet & Fastway Performance
11461 Lone Star Road | Nampa, Idaho 83651
phone: (866) or (208) 466-4762 x236 | skype: robin_warner

www.ProMotoBillet.com | [email protected]"
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 07:33 PM

Garage
I stand on mine all the time, I suggest using nyloc nuts so as to not have them come loose because I didn't want to over tighten them. Or it wouldn't be hard to cut a piece of pipe to fit in there so you cannot over tighten.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 08:31 PM

Garage
I'm a big guy

I do sometime stand on my peg and actually, it's pretty often the way I hop on my bike

I have the speedy lowering footpeg block

I was carefull not to overtight the peg (as per Invader tip)

But in reality, my biggest concern is the versys plate on wich the block/peg attach to the bike (read Invader tip further up)

I have no fear of the block breaking, but the plate is another storie ... So far so good !

LOP
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 08:47 PM

I had the motowerk lowering blocks on my 2009. I stood up on the pegs a lot, never had a problem.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Thank you to everyone for your input. I appreciate it.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 12:35 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
At the time i weighed over 300l bs before gear I had Motowerks peg lowering blocks and i stood on my pegs all the time as you can see in this video I'm right in front of the camera.http://youtu.be/wy5oiDC84as?t=11m46s

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Cool vid. Impressive skills. Good taste in music too. Nice trifecta.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I read somewhere that the Motowerks lowering pegs can support 200kg each.
Don't quote me as I do have a tendency to drink when not riding.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Motowerk's lowering blocks are solid for sure. They'll never break. They do add more leverage and strain on the cast aluminum side frame covers/footpeg holders, particularly the left one which is more susceptible to breaking and which also holds your shifter's main pivot.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Cool vid. Impressive skills. Good taste in music too. Nice trifecta.

That video is from a guy on a Harley V-Rod. Earlier he said the Versys couldn't keep up with him so if you watch the whole video you can see me leaving him in the dust and having to pull over for him twice...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Just got my riser and peg lowering blocks from Motowerk in record time. And I thought Amazon Prime was fast.

A quick question to those riders who like to occasionally stand on their pegs, like I do, and are using the Motowerk peg lowering blocks:

do you feel confident standing on pegs that are extended via the Motowerk blocks?

TIA
I have run foot-pegs from a Suzuki DR650 on both my KLR and then on the GREEN HORNET, and when I wanted them on BIG RED I bought a set of Ebay ones for about $15. The DR's use 10mm bolts, and I've used the 'pegs w/ 10mm bolts (actually 3/8 UNC w/ a nylock nut) each time (rather than drilling them out to 12mm), and, after LOTS of standing I've NOT had any problems (I weigh about 200 lbs 'geared-up'). Also I have Motowerk foot-peg lowering blocks on both Vs.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 06:38 AM

I am 16st and have stood up on my pegs a lot over the couple of years I have had them with no issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode