re: Not Happy Jan!!! vibration @3,000rpms - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
re: Not Happy Jan!!! vibration @3,000rpms

Hi there fellow Versys owners... had a GOOD result with my vibration situation on my 2008 Versys... I did mention that at 60kph @ 3,000rpm vibration was quite annoying - since I've changed the front sprocket to a 16th tooth and that dropped the revs by some 500rpm at taht speed and makes it alot more streetable - also!!! when I bought the bike - it had a slight "hunting" problem down in low rev range (just thought that it may be a thing with fuel injected bikes - since had not owned one before with FI) I have now found out now that it's running 'lean' down in the low range revs and speeds and have now ordered a Power commander unit for it. When I get it my friend Kym at "ALLBIKES Racing" in Lonsdale - Adelaide (618326 2989 Kym and his wife have just re-started their Store and service business again after a 5 year hiatis) South Australia will retune the ECU with the Commander and get rid of this drama... will let you know how it goes.... but feels that it will sort it out - no dramas... he all stated that this is a good unit to get cause as the bike ages or with new exhausts, one can re-map the ECU and get the best out of the Bike.... My good friends at Peter Stevens Kawasaki -Morphett Vale (6183841381) are getting me the Power Commander - so many thanks for their kind service.

thanks All... catchya on the road here in Oz will let you know in a couple of weeks time on how it all goes.... enjoy what to you to the MAX!!! Andreas

ps... still looking for a 2007/08 Versys Sales Brochure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 01:47 AM

hi .. i think most versys users have or had same problem .. me too .. i was going crazy when driving arround 3000rpm like you .. and i taked bike to my service and there servicer said, he will replace the taho panel (only electronic plate with taho and rpm meter) .. all inside warranty .. and now after change - suprise - no noise anymore .. and i'm so happy ... no crazy noise anymore ..
try to ask in local kawasaki service ..
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 07:23 AM

At 3000 rpm and lower you are lugging the engine. Spin it above 4000, it will be much happier.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas56 View Post
... still looking for a 2007/08 Versys Sales Brochure
FWIW, I have a PDF entitled “Kawasaki Versys KLE650 2007” / “2007 Model Information”. It’s from Kawasaki, dated Sept 21, 2006 and is kinda like a sales brochure.

I don’t know if it’s what you’re looking for but if you want it just give me an email address...

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt. Versuvius View Post
At 3000 rpm and lower you are lugging the engine. Spin it above 4000, it will be much happier.
That's the ticket.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

I didn't have a problem with vibration "noise ' on my bike - no dramas here in regards to the Tacho panel or anyhting else that has been mentioned... my issue was just the vibration of the engine @ 3,000 rpm in street legal speed @ 60ks... yes I do change up to 5th... but something I was not used to on my previous bike. My friend Kym at Allbikes said that because the bikes today have such light flywheels compare to the early days - this is where the problem lives.
I recently I rode a KLE500 2007 model and that motor was sweet as pie! no vibration at all @ the above mention speed - BUT! - they do run a different firing cycle to the 650 (WHY??? - same motor just larger capacity) - even Kym said that was very strange - he also said again because fo our Laws here in Oz - our models (and that's all types of Bikes! here in Oz) are tuned that way - he said they get this all the time.

the last thing on this - I'd like the 500 motor (or at least the firing order) in the Versys frame - now that would be awesome!..........
thanks - catchya all......... Andreas
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 04:59 PM

I can assure everyone that once the fueling problem is corrected with a PC, it'll still lug under 3000 RPM if the throttle is opened. It's a function of flywheel weight and cam timing.

If you want a bike you can lug like a John Deere tractor, buy a Harley. Otherwise, shift down a gear.

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Hi there ttpete... me eamil address is [email protected].... if you could please send me a couple of photos of it - that would be very much appreciated - does it have the Candy lime green model in it? cause that's waht I'm lloking for thanks.... catchya soon.. thanks again... Andreas
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

I've got the Power Commander on order and will be here shortly... I also found out via mt friend at ALLBIKES here in Adelaide South Oz... Kym said to me that he found out via the Dealership that there were some bikes came back with this problem I mentioned about - this "hunting" drama.. and found that the o-ring in the injectors were failing and this will cause the extra air getting in and creating the lean (fuel) effect whilst riding along. The bike will go in as soon as I get the Commander and he will check 3 things - 1: The Injector O-ring 2: The value timing and a compression test (he did state that even though the value shims will be done at 12,000ks - he did say that one value could still be slightly out and would cause this type of effect too) and 3rdly the Power Commader - re-set the ECU and make it run slightly richer..... A beautifull March day here in Adelaide - I took the Bike out, I needed to get my fill of awsome fun on my bike and despite the annoying problem I enjoyed what I've got... just here's hoping anyhow,what ever the problem ends up to be - will get sorted out soon... catchya Andreas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode