Scorpion Exhaust Installation Question - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Scorpion Exhaust Installation Question

Hi all, I bought a Scorpion slip on for my 2009 V from a fellow forum member and just finished installing it. However, I think I might be missing a bracket. Basically the pipe is pressed up against the swingarm since I had to hook it up to the stock mounting bracket. I took some pics so you can see what I mean.

Can someone who has a scorpion exhaust please let me know whether there is a bracket that should have come with the exhaust so the pipe sits lower (like part number 3 in these instructions: http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/sit...ka-74-12.pdf)? If so, does anybody know where I could get one of those? Also, is there any danger to having the tip of the exhaust can touch the swingarm like it is in the pics? I am hoping that I don't have to remove the can and wait till the bracket gets delivered. Thanks so much!

Last edited by psych-ed; 09-04-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well a quick update after hours of google searching. It looks like there is supposed to be a mounting bracket that comes with the can. I sent an email to scorpion about ordering the bracket so hopefully they will get back to me with some good news. That said, do people think having the can touch the swingarm like that is safe? The pics are when the bike was on its sidestand so with me on the bike, there is a bit of clearance, but not much.

On a more positive note, the pipe sounds absolutely awesome and is much louder than stock, even with the baffle in. Definitely gets the attention of other drivers (and cabs). Could not be happier with the purchase! Now if only I could figure out how to decrease all the backfiring...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Always like the scorpion exhaust but put a yoshi on mine. It popped a good bit on decal at first. After a short while it hardly ever popped. The scorpions never need to be re-packed also...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
as long as its only makeing contact when on the stand your fine as long as your not jumping your bike xD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode