I recently bought two LED lights from www.superbrightLEDs.com
, and I also bought the wiring harness.
I installed everything easily, but now my battery is dead.
The wiring harness is really simple: it has ring terminals that go to the battery (a fuse on the positive), then the wires go to a relay, then they split out of the relay to each light and a lighted switch (the switch only lights when you turn the lights on).
There is no wire that comes out and goes to a "switched" hot, but I'm assuming that the relay is there to kill the power to the lights if the battery voltage drops below a certain point? Basically, after I installed them, I could turn the lights on and off even if my key was not in the ignition, which I don't really care about (I just won't leave them on, and if I do, the relay will kill them I guess).
So I can't figure out why the setup killed my battery. I actually pulled the battery out and charged it up for a few days, then reinstalled it and it is now dead again. So it is definitely these new LED lights, because I never had a problem before.
The only thing that I can think is that I need to bolt the relay onto a metal part of the motorcycle to ground it. It looks like that might be what you are supposed to do since it has a bright metal bolt hole protruding from the relay, but I can't really figure out why it would need to be grounded.
Here is the link to the wiring harness:
Could somebody with more electrical knowledge take a look at it and let me know what you think?
As for the lights themselves, they are really beefy and bright, and much, much cheaper than the Denalis from Rigid.