Versys will not start ?????? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2014, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Versys will not start ??????

Bike makes loud clicking noise and dash board lights flicker ? Replaced battery and still will not start ?

thanks for any help Cb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
check wiring and main relays...
Old 08-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Maybe try "bump-starting" it. IF it starts, it might mean your starter is "toast".

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Old 08-02-2014, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Is the new battery properly charged and well connected? I don't think so.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:41 PM

I know when I had that same clicking on my nightster, it was the battery.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:11 PM

It is the batter, either not charged or not properly connected.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
I am going to go out a limb, the starter uses frame ground, your instruments are acting up while trying to start, check the frame ground for tthe battery, which is under the fuel tank . Look at 17-16 of the manual, second drawing item 4, negative ground cable. I suspect it is loose, it is bolted not sure to what, starter uses the engine casting for the negative connection (providing your battery is fully charged), this is the most likely problem.

A quick way to prove it would be to take a booster cable, connect to your negative terminal and also to the rear frame ground by the ECU.Try starting it if this works you may need to remove the gas tank to get at the connection.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:26 AM

Good call, onewizard... Also make sure your new battery's top of posts are free of any oxydation or stuff, same for underneath your battery connectors, then make sure they are tight.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Well I took my own advice, this is my 5th season for my bike, soooooo
I finally found the negative cable ground, I am going to say it is moderately easy to get at with the right tools.

Looking at the clutch side ( right side), in fact look directly at the clutch lever, look past and you will see the starter, look 3 inches left of the starter and you will see about a 8 gauge black cable bolted to the casting.

Best to remove the trim directly above the clutch, ( one allen head cap screw to remove), you will also need a 10mm long arm or professional box / open end wrench, pair of needle nose pliers. I was surprised to find the casting mating surface was white where the lug was attached, I don't know of any oxide inhibitor that leaves this , so I assume it was oxidized, I scotch brited the surface and put my copper coat inhibitor on it, reattached the negative ground cable and tightened.

If you do alot of riding in the rain or have the bike stored outside, I would look at this connection.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckasalt View Post
**** you I'm glad it won't start!! Dou y'all see me now?

:conf used:

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Old 08-04-2014, 07:32 PM

Based on post history, I'm guessing that the reply may be misdirected anxiety related to not being able to post (a new thread?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
:conf used:
Old 08-04-2014, 07:35 PM

I had this same problem a couple months ago. I bought a battery tender (pretty inexpensive) and made sure the new battery was fully charged, then I added WD40 to the battery connections (after cleaning them). It's been working ever since.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

No comment

Last edited by onewizard; 08-04-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah it's predictable your lard azz, no versys owning food cort eating brag about martial arts superblackbelt ride with hd boy cake recipe excuse of a man would chime in now.what do you weigh now 400 lbs.? Are you going to cut my eyes with a tiny knife why didn't you help with all my questions azzhole? Now you want to be all sarcastic and answer now? Like I said....PREDICTABLE
Well if you want help, click on Versys forum, as a example click general discussion, directly above you will see a little box with the word "new' in white and "thread" in green, click on that and have fun, ----------you can also click on edit of any of your posts and delete what you may think is inappropriate.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Yeah it's predictable your lard azz, no versys owning food cort eating brag about martial arts superblackbelt ride with hd boy cake recipe excuse of a man would chime in now.what do you weigh now 400 lbs.? Are you going to cut my eyes with a tiny knife why didn't you help with all my questions azzhole? Now you want to be all sarcastic and answer now? Like I said....PREDICTABLE

ROLL TIDE MOTHER ****ER

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Old 08-04-2014, 08:21 PM

Banhammer in T-10...

Old 08-04-2014, 08:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Yeah I know .....now you are goin to send plane tickets.......bla fat blaaaaahh blaa Just eat some fried mayonnaise .... Go to slimfast.com...trust me you won't be so miserable

d11926ed8a4c16b4d90b5ba8556ee7f9 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Old 08-04-2014, 09:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Really gordo? Just because you have to do drugs to look at your girlfriend don't mean anybody else takes them. That's your comeback badazz? Everything I've said is quoted from your useless post,now you make shyt up? PRIDICTABLE FATBOY BULLSHYT.WHAT CAN YOU FIND TO FIT THAT GODDDDDDAMNNN HEAD OF YOURS FOR A HELMENT You still haven't answerd anything I said Predictable of fat asz mommy boy spoilled homosexual
Is that the best ya got!!!!! Don't waste my time. You pathetic waste of skin. You'll never get another response from me.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Old 08-04-2014, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

Ugh... had to look up the banning password again.

Steve

IBA #37625 (Earned in 98 Awarded in 2009... Yeah I'm a little lazy sometimes...)

Old 08-04-2014, 11:53 PM

Who the hell was the nut job? Cmoreride? I guess you got him good, weljoe2001... He still holds a grudge, it seems.

Does the Versys start yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in