2008 Versys brake pads - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 02:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2008 Versys brake pads

Hi all, I am trying to order up a set of pads to replace the ones on my wifes Versys but the sites I can find in Canada don't list the 07-09 Versys in their choices. Do the newer models use the same pads? Or can someone point me to a different model that uses the same pads?

I'd try the local dealer but they're also the local Triumph dealer and watching those assclowns at work makes me fear for my life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 02:16 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
2007-2014 Versys 650, Ninja 650R and ER-6 (KLE650, EX650) all use the same brake pads... Which ones are you getting, and who from?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

Looking at EBC ones from http://www.motorcycle-superstore.ca/...red-brake-pads as there aren't a hell of a lot of choices for shipping. If you know of a better place I am all over it though.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 03:23 AM

Free shipping in Canada on all orders over $69.

EBC Double-H Sintered fronts: http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/ebc-...rake-pads.html

EBC Double-H Sintered rear: http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/ebc-...s-fa192hh.html
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkbox View Post
Hi all, I am trying to order up a set of pads to replace the ones on my wifes Versys but the sites I can find in Canada don't list the 07-09 Versys in their choices. Do the newer models use the same pads? Or can someone point me to a different model that uses the same pads?

I'd try the local dealer but they're also the local Triumph dealer and watching those assclowns at work makes me fear for my life.
"Assclowns?" Great word. Canadian is it? I'll add it to my inventory with thanks.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 09:02 AM

On Weljo's recommendation I changed my pads to Vesera brand. I probably spelled that wrong. Anyway they work great, I got both front and back sets for under $100 USD. Strangely the set I ordered does not say it applies to my 09 versys. However they have the exact same shape and fit. To me they are noticeably better than the stock pads. I'm working from a tablet with a slow WiFi or I would post a link to Weljo's post on where to get the pads for you...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Those look good invader, but I'm not seeing an option for the pads for my bike to pick up there. Might be worth doing separate orders if necessary but the only ones they list for a Triumph Tiger 800 don't even look like the same pad. http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/brak...brake-pad.html
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yeah the Vesrahs fit other nikes as well, including, IIRC, SVs. I got the RJLs. I only found oit they fit because other fitments were listed under the bike they were selling them for.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Oh sweet, if I punch in the OEM# for my bike they come up on the site too, thanks for the find Invader.

I might check out different pads next time, but for now I'm going to go with a known entity on them. There was a slight* but noticeable difference between pads on my bike.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

I replaced my front pads with EBC HH pads they made a huge improvement. I feel they are less likely to unexpectedly lock the front wheel and are easier to modulate under hard braking. Got them from here ......

Both Petes Superbike and Canadas Motorcycle carry them from $42 per disk, rear may be cheaper

you need the FA-229HH model for the front, they fit both the gen. 1 and 2 Versys. Left and right sides are different. Chances are the rear pads are not worn out as the fronts wear twice as fast as the rear in most cases.

Replacing the pads yourself is extremely easy on a bike.

http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/ebc-...rake-pads.html

http://www.petes-superbike.com/kawas...3320_3710.html

Last edited by twowheels; 07-04-2014 at 03:55 PM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Those look good invader, but I'm not seeing an option for the pads for my bike to pick up there. Might be worth doing separate orders if necessary but the only ones they list for a Triumph Tiger 800 don't even look like the same pad. http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/brak...brake-pad.html
Front pads are listed for your 2008 Kawasaki KLE650 Versys in my first link... FA192HH rear brake pads are in my second link. Never mind their standard photo.

Last edited by invader; 07-04-2014 at 05:56 PM.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I was more concerned about my Triumph but I verified part numbers and all is well. I got the order in earlier this morning, so hopefully they're in by next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode