kickstand question - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
kickstand question

When I put my bike on the kick stand it seems to give a bit latterly and the bike rests at a somewhat excessive ~40 degree angle on the stand. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Mine does exactly that. I don't care for it, but my understanding is that is the way it's designed to work, so no, there is no fix for it. I brought it to my dealer's attention on the 1000 km break-in service and was told it was functioning properly.

Having said that, I believe I once read a thread about hammering the stand mount forward(?) or something to that effect. So someone may chime in with a DIY fix.

Always trust your cape.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 08:36 AM

Garage

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 08:56 AM
MTS

With the bike is gear put the stand down and kick it out as you put weight on it. That has always worked well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MTS; 06-12-2014 at 09:03 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 09:00 AM

I installed a second generation (08+) KLR650 kickstand, it has a larger flatfoot that keeps the bike more stable. It will not take the slack out but the bike feels more secure when on the stand.
Dan
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
When I put my bike on the kick stand it seems to give a bit latterly and the bike rests at a somewhat excessive ~40 degree angle on the stand. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?
After 6 1/2 years of use, my V seems to be leaning over on the stand at a sharper angle, with more "play or slop" in the kickstand hinge. But I'm not positive, since my memory isn't that great over that long of a period of time. It still seems to work ok, though. It does put scuff marks in my epoxy coated garage floor when I park it, and it does that little backward scoot.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 11:38 AM

I tend to 'let out the slack' with my foot after I get off the bike to let it rest at it's furthest angle. Having had it blown over the long way in a wind storm, I'm a big fan of the heavy lean angle. That said, a motowerks flatfoot will add about 1/8" to the kickstand, and slightly reduce the angle, whilst giving you a nice fat surface for the weight of the bike to lean on when parked on suspect ground.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode