Tire wearing out - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tire wearing out

I think it might be to much lean angle and lots of throttle

It was getting pretty worn so I decided to make a fast run down the valley. Great fun!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
NICE wear marks!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 04:45 PM

Looks like fun. It seems the older my kids get which are 3&5 the longer my skirt gets

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrider View Post

It was getting pretty worn so I decided to make a fast run down the valley. Great fun!!!!!!!!!!
Looks good no chicken strips for you !

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 07:32 PM

no chicken strips?

I must be looking at a different picture. the least worn part of those tires is the side contact patch.

Mountain rider must be hangin off the bike far enough to protect his chicken strips.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxman View Post
Looks good no chicken strips for you !
The tire was going all the way to the edge and the rubber was shredding off the sides. That is the rolled edges showing where it was turning the rubber up. It started sliding some before I got home but stayed very controllable. The Versys is such a great handling bike and I have so much fun riding it. It does not get much better.

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Milanowski View Post
no chicken strips?

I must be looking at a different picture. the least worn part of those tires is the side contact patch.

Mountain rider must be hangin off the bike far enough to protect his chicken strips.
Dude , Ya dont see many a tire worn that far across the tread , so in my books theres not much for chicken strips there. Now thats getting your moneys worth

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 09:20 PM

Good Job. You used up All the tire and not just the middle like we do down here in Flatistan. How many miles on it? What tire is next?

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

It is the Conti Motion. The tire sticks great fro a sport touring tire but I only got about 2500 miles out of it. That is pretty much normal for people who ride in the mountains a a brisk pace. The 021s lasted longer and I already have another set ordered.

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 07:03 AM

So how many miles do you have on this V and how many sets of tires have you been through? What he didn't say is that he rides these rodes everyday and knows every curve in N GA!!! Good luck keeping up with him on almost anything.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharrison56 View Post
So how many miles do you have on this V and how many sets of tires have you been through? What he didn't say is that he rides these rodes everyday and knows every curve in N GA!!! Good luck keeping up with him on almost anything.
I have 23,000 miles more or less and we will not talk about how much money I have spent on tires.

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 08:27 AM

I have roughly 16K and I am on the 4th rear and 3rd front.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!

Now I have four!

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I have roughly 16K and I am on the 4th rear and 3rd front.
3rd front in 16k ?
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 10:06 AM

I could have used the stock front longer but I didn't like it, so I replaced it when I replaced the first rear. I am expecting about 2 to 1 rear/front in the future.

Steve

Now I have four!

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 133bhp View Post
3rd front in 16k ?

Yeah, what's up with that Steve? By 16K he should have been on his 4th if not 5th front...

Not everybody rides like MR.

Gustavo

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 12:48 PM

I have tried to keep up with him, but he has lots more experience and lives in the middle of the twisties! I commute to and from work mostly. It is an hour ride to mountrider's next of the woods and he rides those nice roads to work everyday.

Not that I'm not trying!!!

Steve

Now I have four!

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 12:55 PM

Hey Mountainrider I see you have alot of fun up there around Wolfpen gap, TWO and Vogel State Park! Kevin from Athens GA.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I could have used the stock front longer but I didn't like it, .
makes sense - they were garbage!
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpsiguy View Post
Hey Mountainrider I see you have alot of fun up there around Wolfpen gap, TWO and Vogel State Park! Kevin from Athens GA.
I live in a great area to ride bikes and I really like to ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 06:15 AM

Quote:
I live in a great area to ride bikes and I really like to ride!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mountainrider,

Good riding! You are getting your money worth on the tires...

What tire pressure are you setting the tires to when you go canyon? F and R

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current bike
09 Kawasaki Versys

Previous bikes
07 Suzuki GSXR 1000
07 Yamaha FZ1
06 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
06 BMW K1200 GT
05 Suzuki Vstrom 650
01 Yamaha Vstar 650
90 Yamaha FZR 600
7x Yamaha Enduro 125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode