Need help! Bleeding front brakes - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Need help! Bleeding front brakes

I just installed new steel braided lines with a double connection at the reservoir and with each line going directly to the left/right caliper. New copper washers were installed and banjo bolts have been torqued to 25nm.

I also installed SpeddBleeders on the front calipers. I've opened up each SpeedBleeder a 1/4 turn, attached the rubber hose, refilled the reservoir with fresh Amsoil 600, and cranking on the lever produces nothing. I've tried with both bleeders open and with only one open and still I can't seem to get fluid pumped down to the calipers.

I've used SpeedBleeders for 12 years now and have installed upgraded lines many times. Never had a problem before.

Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
See AlaskaJeff's thread, he just went through this.

Seems to take a long time to get fluid going when the system is dry. I usually get things started with a MityVac and then do traditional bleeding. Even that can take a long time.
Try doing one side at a time, and also bleeding from the MC. I installed a banjo bolt with a bleeder where the lines attach to the MC. I had it laying around, not sure where to get them. Alternately, put down a lot of rags and crack the bolt open a bit.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Fixed! I used a large syringe with a 3/16 tube in it and pumped fluid from the bleeder hole up to the reservoir, forcing all air out of the system and priming the plunger at the same time. I then bled each side normally and all good!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroadie View Post
Fixed! I used a large syringe with a 3/16 tube in it and pumped fluid from the bleeder hole up to the reservoir, forcing all air out of the system and priming the plunger at the same time. I then bled each side normally and all good!
That is an ingenious remedy! Glad to hear you got it figured out. And in way less time than I did. But we BOTH figured it out. On to the next mod....?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode