stock muffler help - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
stock muffler help

I am putting my stock muffler back on my bike. I had the dealer install a two brother exhaust and now I am putting the stock pipe back on. The problem is since I didn,t take it off I am not sure exactly how it is suppost to be mounted.

I loosened the header bolts the header slides in place nicely. The stock bolts and spacers are confusing it would appear they don,t fit no matter what combination I try.

Does anyone have any pics of the stock muffler set up. It would appear it is a little more difficult to put the stock muffler bolts back in place There parts I have don,t seem to fit. It is a little like a rubex cube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

If anyone would be kind enought to snap a few picks of there stock pipe from side to side and underneath that would be fantastic.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:20 PM

I don't have an opportunity to photograph it just yet, but it's not overly complex.

You should have 2 bolts and washers/nuts. One long, about 15cm or something, and one shorter, maybe 5cm.

Behind the footpeg you will see 2 holes which were probably used to support the 2 bros as well.
The shorter bolt goes through the front hole and the muffler's front mounting hole.
The longer bolt goes through the second hole and all the way across to be tightened on the other side behind the chain.

I have an Arrow on the scoot right now but I'll try and take pics if you can't get it sorted.

edit

Just went out and looked at the old muffler.
On top of it are the two flanges with a tube in between them. The short bolt will go through the bare hole in the right flange, the long bolt goes all the way through the tube.
You'll probably have to remove the right footpeg to get at the mounting bolts. I hung mine with a bungee strap to keep it from harming the brake line.

Last edited by Shatrat; 09-29-2009 at 08:22 PM.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:27 PM

Hi Armcphail,

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

I also have three washers that have rubber in the middle which don,t appear to be able to fit between my stock exhaust bracket and the mounting bracket on the bike. Where are the rubber washers used?

I don,t have any other washers I am not sure if the dealership lost them?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:28 PM

Stlee's other bike has training wheels...
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

You beat me to it, st!

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

A picture says a thousand words, these washer/ rubber must come apart or something? I will take a look
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Thank you the picture saved me I didn,t know that washer came apart they were in the box together, that did the trick.

Thank you very much!!!!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:38 PM

V Bikers,

Its a TEAM effort to help out whenever possible.
This forum has A1-People all around.
I think its an advantage having a time different with the CONUS.

Happy Riding and Best Regards.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:40 PM

Most Welcome, Armcphail.
Ride on...and . My man.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:50 PM

Armcphail,
So what are you planning to do with the Two Brothers exhaust you took off of your bike? Did you sell it or are you planning to?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 07:30 AM

SELL it to me! or kujhox....
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Stlee29.
Good one man and very thoughtfull to help out V members. As for me, my bike is under cover and I am locked up in some hotel room in Singapore waiting to return home to my bike.
See you soon bro.
Fastoman
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 10:51 PM

I am having a similar problem. I am trying to put the stock pipe back on and I keep destroying the gasket and the i think my header is a little short. Does any one have picks of the header where it would meet up with the muffler without the muffler on there. Also how would i get the muffler gasket back on? Thanks
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 05:39 AM

Hi [email protected],

Do you still have your problem with your stock exhaust?

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 06:26 AM

PICTURES are worth a thousand words i need just one picture showing the end of the exhaust header to see if the end of the pipe is flared out or not.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 07:38 PM

hudson,
I had my exhaust apart to change the gasket this summer. I did it by taking the header pipes off (leaving the silencer in place) and it went back together fairly easily that way, no damage to the gasket. Maybe give that a try.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 05:06 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Stock exhaust header collector outlet is not flared out. It measures 42 mm outer diameter and 40 mm inner diameter.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 11:25 AM

Hi [email protected],

Sorry late but just got home.
Help move one of these to beside an oil platform in the South China Sea.

Hope these pics could help you out. If not, please post another reply.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode