Light help - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Light help

Ok you all. I know this has been discussed before but I really suck at navigating around this site so I'm bringing it up again, sorry. I need some suggestions, comments and some good info on driving lights for the V. I commute on mine daily and with winter coming will be making the drive in the dark. I live in the country and really need more light than the high beam offers on the V. So if anyone has installed any lights and have an opinion on what's hot and what's not please drop me a thread. If you have photos it would be way cool if you could include them. I have installed a set of lights on my last bke, 1300 VTX, so I kind of got an idea how it's done. Just need what you all think works and looks the best. Also need to know if there is a limit on the size of light (wattage) I want to go as bright as possible. Need to pick those hogs and deer up down the road as soon as possible. Hit a hog on the VTX and really don't want to relive that again. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 12:40 PM

I was in the exact same boat as you. I leave at 5:30 AM and now it is dark for most of my 45 min ride, soon it will be dark on the ride home. Also, it will be getting cold and I wanted to run my heated jacket and grips without issue. My solution, an HID low beam. Uses only 35 watts, which gives me more headroom for heated stuff and man does it throw light. It is also much wider, so I can see into the woods and the tall grass for deer better. Best $100 I ever spent. Took all of an hour to get it all wired in and packaged up.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 12:50 PM

where did said HID come from?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 01:08 PM

I see if I can find the company name. It was a company in Canada, I think the price was $109 with free USPS Priority shipping. At least it was back in April when I installed the kit. If I can find the name I'll post it up, but there are tons of them on the net.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 02:06 PM

I removed the cover over the lamp on the low beam (two screws) and it made a big difference.

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Cool. Do you have pictures and where this can be purchased at?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 02:58 PM

Sorry for the long delay, I got my kit here:

http://www.cqlight.ca/index.php?cPat...b991ef95b5e438
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode