conti force sm - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
conti force sm

I've purchased a set of Continental "Conti Force SM "tires ($202.38 TTD).I want to run these in the mountains around the Suches GA. area where the tightest roads in the country are found IMHO.I enjoy doing moderate speed maximum lean riding where these tires may be a lot of fun.I won't mount these until Oct.,when I go to Ga. for a week,but I thought I would post to maybe get some feedback.My experience has been that even longer lasting sport touring tires have enough grip for my kind of street riding. The stock D221's did fine on my first trip there on the Versys except the front is wearing fast and is a little rough feeling .The D221's also seem to have little wet grip ..These D221's aren't going to make 3,000 miles and still be in good shape..The way these Continental tires are promoted makes me think they may suit the Versys,from a sport riding performance point of view.http://www.conti-online.cz/generator...cesm_en.htmlIt The low cost is a good thing also.Have a great day to all..

Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
It's one of Continental's Supermoto "Extremely light handling with exceptional grip in corners, combined with high mileage." tires with softer "specially developed tread compound"... ContiForce SM is H speed rated.
Same tread as their Sport: ContiForce Max ZR rated.
There's also their similar Sport-Touring: ContiForce ZR rated.

Last edited by invader; 08-16-2009 at 11:36 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 12:38 AM

What kind of distance are you going to travel overall? Despite the marketing hype, SM tires don't last long. They may be long lasting for SM tires, but not compared to the sport or sport-touring options invader mentioned. If you have 3K+ to cover, you may be better off with either of those other two.

Gustavo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

I think these tires may be a lot of fun but they may wear out fast.Can;t wait to find out;

Keith
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
I ran ContiForce Twins on my Bandit. Got reasonable mileage and handling.
Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode