anyone else had this issue? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
anyone else had this issue?

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with poor acceleration

Last edited by scooter650; 01-20-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 05:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Sounds like an intermittent electrical problem. Maybe a spark plug is starting to fail. You can also check your coil-over-plugs connections, and inspect casing for cracks. Rotate them to break the bond, then pull them out...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 05:10 AM

After you start it when it is still warm do you let it go through its fast idle routine before pulling away or do you take off immediately? Even when the engine is warm it'll idle fast for a few seconds before settling into its normal idle, and I sometimes have driveability issues if I don't wait.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
+1 on that Mt.V, I always wait and let the V finish it's start-up routine.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 08:07 AM

+1 invader. Had this identical problem with my shadow. honda replace the brain box...still had the same issue intermittently one cylinder would go cold) the way to check for that, one pipe gets hot one does not. it was my coil connections (3 shop visits later!!)

if it were easy....everyone would do it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 09:42 AM

+1 by Invader. Read about the same thing somewhere before.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride safe,

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2009, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

I wish I could get it to act up again....

Last edited by scooter650; 01-20-2010 at 09:46 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 08:00 PM

My 08 is doing something very similar, and my warranty runs out tomorrow. I just got it back from my local dealer and it's still messed up. It runs like hell when I first start it, it smells like it is misfiring (raw fuel), then it might smooth out and get to fast idle, but then when it goes to low idle, it will drop to around 900rpm and sometimes even stall.

The dealer has pulled the plugs and said they were good. The idle has been set to 1500 (three times in the last 2 months) and they now claim that it was bad gas and I should switch stations. I get my gas at 4-5 different stations and even tried some premium this Sunday, before I brought it to the dealer on Monday.

My right side exhaust pipe is deep dark blue/purple for about 3-4 inches and the left is only just darker brown for about 1-2 inches. The dealer says this is normal for thin wall exhausts and it will even out. I have 5300km on this bike. Anyone got a clue what's going on with these bikes?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouVersys View Post
start-up routine.
Start up routine?

How much rpms are you getting when it's warming up?

Maybe I'm just not noticing because the fast idle rpms are kind of low to begin with.

fitz

"One day last week I was riding my bike, I can't remember exactly what day it was, maybe Tuesday, around 3:00pm or was it 4:00pm, not sure but I think it was 3:00pm when I noticed the fuel gauge started blinking, you know the last bar on the bike telling you need to get gas, so I looked for the next gas station, right down the road was two gas stations an Exxon and a BP, both had exactly the same price, so I couldn't decide, so I just picked one, after filling up I continued on my way." --fitz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode