FI and shocks - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
FI and shocks

right on, SO I am in Alaska I have put on over 6k miles and things were doing fine... I went all the way to Deadhorse/Prudo Bay and all the way back down (over 800 miles of dirt...)

somewhere after that my left front shock started leaking and now the fork has dropped about and inch... so that is my first problem, finding out how big of deal this is, I've been told everything from don't worry about it to fix it.

then I went to visit my friend and he rode with me to another town 10 miles away on crazy wash boarded road in 2nd gear cause it was steep too... when we got there and stopped my temp light and my FI (fuel injection) came on, we waited around for the bike to cool down but now the FI light stays on...

I will be taking a ferry down to Prince Rupert and am trying to get a appt. in Prince George but having an idea what to expect in nice...

I will get some stories up soon I have a few pictures on my blog but yeah the VERSYS made it to the north coast of AK, it's just a little tired coming home?

08 Versys 32+k and counting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 04:48 PM

FI light thing is probably a loose connection, and the fork seal is usualy not too bad to correct. In that enviroment, small problems can become big ones is left to fester.

To God be the glory.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 12:43 AM

It'll magically stop leaking pretty soon! Or, fork oil on brake rotor, deer in road, no brakes, new bike.

Probably ought to get that fixed!

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

right, so I called a dealer in Vancover and they are amazing... I'll write about it more but the FI light is more like a check engine light... they told me how to trouble shoot it and get a code that they looked up figureing out that it has to do with my fan. so thats not too big of worry as long as I am moving and not in traffic, as for the shock it DID magically stop leaking... and no oil is on the brakes... so that too has taken a back seat to my latest problem...

I don't know what I was thinking but I was visiting my friend and he convinced me to teach him how to ride... I figured what the hell... anyway long story short, he was doing real good then lost it and ran into the curb bending my front rim enough to make it leak... SO I am out in the middle of nowhere nobody has a tube and I put air in it every 2-3 hours... dangerous yes, stupid yes, but it's all I got... I'm on my way by ferry ( a little safer, much more expensive) and will get it fixed soon... but right thats that...

08 Versys 32+k and counting

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode