re-valve VS Gold Valve - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
re-valve VS Gold Valve

I have re-valved my forks (both now work) and while improved over stock, I think that it could be a bit better. I am not sure if doing both legs was an improvement as I did the revalve and dual legs at the same time. My buddy now wants me to do a re-valve and I am not wondering if there is a better way.

I have been looking at Racetech Gold Valves and cannot understand what they will do for me that a re-valve does not. The Gold Valve is not externally adjustable so the big point is ease of adjustment once it is apart, but that is not a big selling point for me.

Perhaps if I understood Gold Valves a bit better but I really cannot see how it differs over a factory shim stack, other than having a lot bigger ports.
Is the port size the key?

I am not getting an answer to if it possible to have one leg with a compression Gold Valve and the other with a rebound Gold Valve.

Last edited by Hoghead; 10-30-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

The answer is that it is not possible to have one leg compression and the other rebound using different Gold Valves

So why use a Gold Valve at all if one knows how to re-valve what is already there
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoghead View Post
The answer is that it is not possible to have one leg compression and the other rebound using different Gold Valves
Is that what Racetech told you?

I think I remember an old thread where Racetech took a forum member's fork and installed exactly that: a gold valve for compression in one leg and rebound in the other.

Last edited by davidg; 11-01-2013 at 01:14 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Yes that came from them yesterday, however they show a rebound GV on the
Versys page so something is wrong
Perhaps not surprising as at first they said that they do not have the GV for Gen 2

This is a bit difficult for me to get a proper answer as I am in Thailand and not too confident that am getting the right answers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode