Rainy Day Protection - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Rainy Day Protection

I have noticed that the Versys has a few flaws. One of the biggest flaw for me is the fact that when it rains, it pours.

The spray from the front wheel (even with a fender extender) is insane! Boots with booties are soaked within 20 mins of riding. Anyone experience this? Any one try to fix this issue?

As a year round rider this is really starting to piss me off! I am going to attempt to make an even longer fender with some Krydex this week...

Hooligan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 05:03 PM

I have not noticed what you describe... I've got many miles on the rainy-day clock but have never noticed the front wheel to be a significant point of interest. I do have an extender...

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I've got a pair of these but haven't used them yet.http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ot-Covers.aspx

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I've got a pair of these but haven't used them yet.[/url]
Not that it rains much in Cali anyway!

(bloody roads are treacherous when it does tho'!!)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 06:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
Not that it rains much in Cali anyway!

(bloody roads are treacherous when it does tho'!!)

Got them when i lived in texas. If i get caught in rain i just take my wallet and anything i want to keep dry and put it in the topcase and just ride through it. If i didn't want to get wet i would drive a car.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Banned

Question

hey Joe.........Shouldn't you be "attending" to the GF & not looking at the bloody Versys forum????.....
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 06:47 PM

I have a pair of Sidi Rain Tour boots and a pair Tourmaster rain pants to go with my tour jacket. They seem to keep me pretty dry other than my hands. Still looking for a pair of truly waterproof gloves.

I don't make it a habit to ride in the rain but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. And I don't have a fender extender.

Of course growing up in Florida we looked forward to nice cooling rain shower when it was topping 100 out there.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 10:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
hey Joe.........Shouldn't you be "attending" to the GF & not looking at the bloody Versys forum????.....

Been busy with that. It was her birthday yesterday so we spent part of the afternoon at the car dealership getting her oldest son a truck. Then took her and her 2 sons along with their girlfriends to our favorite Thai restaurant. She spent all day today cooking seafood for the family. I don't touch seafood so had a big steak.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-12-2013, 11:02 PM

I used to have a set of those slip on boot covers,
but I found that my knees and just belownwere still getting plenty wet.

I do not know the name of them as it has worn off, but I picket up a set of leg wrap type thingees.

they slip over the toe of your boot, and then velcro attach around your calf, and go up and over the top of the knee about 8 inches or so.

they are made of waterproof/rubberized material, kinda like an Oregon Raincoat for your legs.
and they work very well
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2013, 06:08 AM

My experience with those boot "covers" was NOT what I expected. In a medium to heavy rain, they seemed to hold IN the water rather than keep it out! For a very light mist, they're ok.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2013, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

I have a set of the Tourmaster delux rain booties. Part of the issue could be that I do not have the lower cowling fairings on the bike. Will mount those back up and see if that makes a difference.

It has been wet here in the DC area for a week now. Rain every damn day. So I've been damp most of this week!

Hooligan
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-13-2013, 03:29 PM

i have the slip on boot covers ,, i rode to work everyday for 3 years and used them quite alot. and had no problems with them

09 versys (GREEN)
06 vulcan 2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode