Arrow Headers - installation help request please - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Arrow Headers - installation help request please

I received my Arrow headers today. I managed to put the pipes together with the springs. I am not sure where to use the supplied metal lubricant. Any Ideas?

When I fasten the headers to the motor is there anything I need to do other than unbolt the stock and bolt on the new headers? (ie., gasket / sealant)

Thank you,
Colin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Don't tighten anything down until all is connected...

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2009, 05:55 PM

The metal to metal lubricant is supposed to go where the pipes join. I used copper gasket seal where the can clamps on, to better seat that connection. Really helped.

Give us a full report when you're done!

2007 Versys Black, V35 Bags, H&B Bars, Skidmarx Hugger.Fender Ex., Avon Distanzia, Braided Lines, Hella 65W bulbs Arrow Can, DNA Air filter, GIVI tall screen (for winter), PCIII, Baldwin Saddle. **SOLD**

2011 KTM SM-T. Crash bars, E55 Top Box, Fender extender front and rear.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

I did manage to get the arrow headers and the 2Bros can on. It was challenging to do fasten the headers. the fastening plates did not go on easily. I had to attach them one at a time and the fastening plate still needed to be tapped in enough to thread the nuts. I tighted them pretty well and used the copper gasket sealant. I hope they are fastened properly. I am not really sure that the header on the horn side is fastened properly ( the nuts are pretty tight though). I can't clearly because the radiator is in the way.

Attaching the 2Bros can was not as bad. I just found that one of the bolts they supplied to fasten the clamp for attaching to the header pipe was too short to also connect to the front support.

I was so excited to get it all together, I did not put on the bottom cowlings on ( but left the bolts in place) and went for a test ride ( 2 laps around the block). I ended up losing 2 bolts and forgot to remove the protective plastic ( thus the burning plastic smell). The sound and peppyness was great. A couple of backfires, but I just chalk this up to "break-in"
Can't wait to take it out on a decent ride.

Cheers,
Colin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode