Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

rear brake light switch

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  webmost 
#1 ·
Wife says brake light stays on after stop or comes on over bumpy roads. Anyone have a faulty switch? Lowered the pedal for new footpeg lowering kit but that should not have affected the switch? Problem came about 75 miles into todays ride. Ideas? thanx.

#2 ·
Ask Bad-Tat...I think he had a similar problem after lowering his pegs.

#9 ·
Hope your plastic switch adjustment nut turns easier than mine.

My manual blithely advised me to unplug the switch and turn the nut. Several ensuing wasted hours epitomized why I try never to read manuals. In the first place, to unplug the switch I would need hands the size of an eight year old, with two wrists apiece and the iron grip of a mason. SOP to anyone who has maintained a Japanese bike. Second place, the damn plastic nut was thoroughly frozen to the plastic switch body. After so many failed strategies, I had to remove the foot peg bracket to reach behind where I could break the nut free and spray silicone lube on the business. On the plus side, the socket head screws they used at the factory, made from recycled cap guns for robust strength, were already chewed up at the heads by the assembly process, so that I didn't have to feel like the dummy who chewed them up. They came that way, so that was good. On the minus side, the only way to test adjustment is to reassemble. Switch still stuck on.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna find my bent needle nose and stretch the spring... done trying to do it the right way.

#10 ·
Any "simple" project which winds up requiring an EZ Out is not my favorite project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.