---vibration--- - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
---vibration---

I've question .Odometer says my V is nearly 10000 k . And I'll take it to the service for periodic maintainence. Anyway I think vibration got a little more that the usual.What could be the reason for this..especially around 4000 rpm I feel the vibration on the foot pegs..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 06:42 PM

balance the injectors?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 11:53 PM

My V vibrates more around 4K RPM, I think that is pretty normal actually.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 09:56 AM

Every bike I've ever owned has had a vibration resonance at a certain rpm. All you can do is avoid running it there. My take is that it's probably the smoothest vertical twin I've ever ridden. Fours can be just as bad or worse.

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
Every bike I've ever owned has had a vibration resonance at a certain rpm. All you can do is avoid running it there. My take is that it's probably the smoothest vertical twin I've ever ridden. Fours can be just as bad or worse.
. i really have no problem with the vibs on my V . My Guzzi's are viby at certain rpms as well .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 07:48 PM

I'm not sure if you're saying the vibration got worse after the maintainence or if it's always been there. I know that the V is known for more vibration around 4K rpm - mine is worst between 3200 and 4200. This vibration is the reason for the buzzing in the cowl a lot of people write about. I don't think it's any worse than other bikes I've had. My Vulcan was probably just as buzzy as my
Versus and both are better than my old Yahamas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemikada÷ View Post
I've question .Odometer says my V is nearly 10000 k . And I'll take it to the service for periodic maintainence. Anyway I think vibration got a little more that the usual.What could be the reason for this..especially around 4000 rpm I feel the vibration on the foot pegs..

A diamond is just a hunk of coal
that didn't quit under pressure
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 10:02 AM

When one considers that a V has a two cylinder engine that's bolted rigidly to the frame, it's nothing short of amazing that it's as smooth as it is. It's unfair to compare it to an automobile that has the powertrain supported on soft rubber and fluid filled vibration absorbing mounts.

Those who criticize it obviously haven't had a whole lot of experience with other two cylinder bikes.

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 04:43 AM Thread Starter

thanks to u folks who answered and shared their thoughts about my problem about vib. But I think most of u got me wrong or I couldn't tell the real problem at the first place. I know how V is less vibrant when compared to other motorcycles like bmw r1200 gs or f650. When I first bought my V it was more vibrant but after the break in period was completed it was less. Anyway the tech at the Kawasaki dealer offered me to bring my V to periodic maint.. before 2000km that that is written in the manual according to conditions in my country' Turkey' which the roads are not so good and mud and dust are smts everywhere. Now according to him I have nearly 500 mt to take my V to service. For the past couple of weeks I 'm feeling more vibration could it be because some parts has to be changed ?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 04:47 AM

You bring up a good point, since there seems to be a little room between the motor and motor mounts, would adding a rubber washer of sorts help to decrease some of the vibrations? I have read that the Harley sportsters had lots of vibration untill they put on rubber bushing on the motor mounts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 06:13 AM

My humble suggestion:

Raise the rear of the bike off the floor using a stand.
Start your bike and rev to the rpm you have the most vibration.
Observe your bike where the vibrations are.
To pin point the area where the vubration will satisfy your question.

Next:

How to cure it?
All depends where the vibrations are.
It you feel it is not from the engine, maybe transmission near the front sprocket. Anything is possible till we eliminate the possibilities one by one.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 08:53 AM

I am not sure how bad the vibrations are in your bike (its hard to tell over the internet). That said, a 2 cylinder bike will always vibrate more than any 4 cylinder bike. For me its not a problem, its a feature! That's one reason I bought a 2 cylinder bike. I can feel it working as I ride. And that's a good thing, because I really can't hear it running at any speed over 40 mph, due to the wind noise and the quiet muffler.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 11:01 PM

Ride a Harley, then talk to me about vibs. Stop bitching. This bike is about as smooth as it get for a twin. "Enjoy the ride"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode