Headlight Bulb - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Headlight Bulb

I ordered 2 h7 Bulbs from Suvlights I received 2 osram px26d bulbs the pin psacing on the new bulb is different than the old bulbs 1/2 inch on new 3/4 inch on the old bulbs I thought this was plug and play did i get the wrong bulbs or something. What bulbs is everyone using or are you guys changing the plug or bending the light terminals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 11:05 AM

You need to remove the factory adapter base from the old bulb, install on the new Osram. You got the right bulbs...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

After i posted the first message I remembered reading that some where but could not find it anywhere Thanks I will go and try it again

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 12:05 AM

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...hlight=h7+bulb

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 06:41 PM

First of all I would like to thank alot of people regarding the factory adapter plug that is on the end of the H7 55W bulb, it really saved alot of time. I would have been in a fog trying to get that bulb to fit.

I wish someone had a tutorial regarding changing the headlight because there are a few things that if I knew would have saved me some time.

I have big hands and found that my hands could not fit in any form under the instrument cluster so I found that the removal of the left plastic on the bike gave me the best option for changing the bulb. I removed plug then the rubber waterproof gasket, minimal difficulty. Then metal strap that holds the H7 bulb in the socket was next, you have to press downand then pull to the right to unhook the bulb.

Once unhooked the bulb should just fall out. Be careful not to touch the bulb as others have warned of the oils and remove the adapter on the end of the bulb. Now the new bulb is set up and a trick to remember is to line the H7 bulb up with the dip in the ring to the 10 or 11 o'clock position which fits right in the socket, it is depressed in that area specifically for the bulb. Re-attach the wire clip and install the rubber gasket, then plug in and it should take 15 mins.

J B Nimble

08 Kawasaki Versys 650 (22,400 mi.)

Givi Windscreen
EZ Pass Holder(bar mounted)
6 panel fuse box(Twisted throttle)
Ground wiring block(Twisted Throttle)
Motowerks GPS Bracket
GPS City Tom Tom bracket
12V accessory plug
TomTom 720 Go
Hepco & Becker engine guard
Hella FF50 Driving lights
Bags Connection "Shorty" tankbag
Bags Connection "Cargobag"
Givi 52L trunk box & rack
Saddlemen Gel Seat
Ermax Hugger Fender

06 Kawasaki KLR 650 (sold 13, 679 mi.)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 07:12 PM

Thanks for the "How To". That should save some time for others.
Pictures and "How To" posts area great on the forum.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

Last edited by Thumper; 08-31-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode