Venom Rear Wheel Stand - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Venom Rear Wheel Stand

Is this a good stand for the Versys?
http://www.amazon.com/Venom-Motorcycle-Swingarm-Paddock-Kawasaki/dp/B0036QX4EY/ref=zg_bs_404644011_7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 06:59 PM

Looks OK I have a set of T-Rex stands that I use. They seem stouter and I've used them on my Buell, KLR and now the Versys. The front can lift from the bottom on the forks or under the triple clamp. They cost more but a good set of stand will last for years and a cheapy might just fail at the wrong time.

My Versys "Getting a Lift"

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Harbour Freight.....

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellaphunt View Post
Is this a good stand for the Versys?
http://www.amazon.com/Venom-Motorcyc...bs_404644011_7
I have the same stand and would not recommend it. The problem is it is lightly made and with the weight of the bike on it can twist from side to side allowing the bike to easily fall off the stand. Not sure we all need Pit Bull stands but I would invest in a slightly better quality stand. Check out harbor freight.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

As an addition to Weljo's low profile Harbor Freight stand, they also have this one in stock......store only or $6.99 shipping....read the reviews....

http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...and-65620.html
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 09:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
As an addition to Weljo's low profile Harbor Freight stand, they also have this one in stock......store only or $6.99 shipping....read the reviews....

http://www.harborfreight.com/automot...and-65620.html

Thats the one i have on the front of the bike. They use to sell adapters so you could use it on the front.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Banned

Weljo, then are you saying the cheaper version will not do the job well for a Versys.........????.............I did notice there are no rear end lug locators on the other stand, could that be an easy fix or not?
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 10:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Weljo, then are you saying the cheaper version will not do the job well for a Versys.........????.............I did notice there are no rear end lug locators on the other stand, could that be an easy fix or not?

Both the stands are from Harbour Freight and are rear wheel stands. You use to be able to buy adapters to make the black stand to be used as a front wheel stand. Both stands and front adapters are made by Haul Master.But they no longer make the adapters for the front. Both stands work great I have a set here in California and a set at my home in Texas and have never had an issue with any of them. The black stand works great on the rear as well but you need two stands to raise the front if you just use the front wheel stand buy itself the bike will fall off the stand.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 10:52 AM

Garage
Quote:
I did notice there are no rear end lug locators on the other stand, could that be an easy fix or not?

It has paddles to go under the swingarm.So you don't need the swingarm spools.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-09-2013, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a bunch, guys!
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
It has paddles to go under the swingarm.So you don't need the swingarm spools.
OK...l'm not getting this.....you need to instruct me like you would a spotty 8yr old..(instead of a spotty 61yr old!)

Do any stands on the Harbor Frieght listings come with an adaptor, or are fitted with a "cup" (?) holder to slip under the existing Versys lugs & lift it as God intended??

OR.....is lifting it with the swingarm a better method???
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 10:30 AM

My T-Rex came with both setups. The Spool Lifts are, I think, safer in that they "Lock" the bike in as they have a groove the lift plates center into. The "Paddles" work on bikes without spools or a way to mount any, my KLR. BUT you need to be careful to get the lift centered as it just sits on the pads and can slide.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 11:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
OK...l'm not getting this.....you need to instruct me like you would a spotty 8yr old..(instead of a spotty 61yr old!)

Do any stands on the Harbor Frieght listings come with an adaptor, or are fitted with a "cup" (?) holder to slip under the existing Versys lugs & lift it as God intended??

OR.....is lifting it with the swingarm a better method???

The one on the rear of my bike is this one.....http://www.harborfreight.com/low-pro...and-99701.html . It's for lifting the bike if you have spools on your bike like most of us have put on. I would never use the one with paddles for the rear i just wouldn't trust it.

Hope this helps.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 02:33 PM

Spools are so cheap it doesn't make sense not to get them.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 11:01 PM

The Venom Rear Wheel Stand
works for me and has not tipped yet.
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 05:52 PM

I've got the Venom too and like it. I can do it by myself, but it makes me nervous without my wife helping either holding the bike or pushing down on the stand til it's in place. I've never had need for the front one, so for most uses you could get by only buying the rear.

Lance
09 versys

Lance
Central IL
09 KLE650
07 GL1800
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 07:05 PM

I have this but only use it to change the tire.

The gray-haired bikers do not get to that age of pure luck
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-02-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
The one on the rear of my bike is this one.....http://www.harborfreight.com/low-pro...and-99701.html . It's for lifting the bike if you have spools on your bike like most of us have put on. I would never use the one with paddles for the rear i just wouldn't trust it.

Hope this helps.
I just ordered the Harbor Freight low-profile rear stand and the Motowerk 10-mm spools. Do I need to use Loctite for installing the spools?

Thanks for the help!

2012 Kawasaki Versys
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-02-2013, 11:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelinMan67 View Post
I just ordered the Harbor Freight low-profile rear stand and the Motowerk 10-mm spools. Do I need to use Loctite for installing the spools?

Thanks for the help!

You can if you want to. But i've had mine on for 3.5 years without the Loctite. Never had an issue.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelinMan67 View Post
...Do I need to use Loctite for installing the spools?....
Wouldn't hurt....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode