Howto: Changing display from MPH to KM/H - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
charlesleblanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Howto: Changing display from MPH to KM/H

Here is the trick to toogle your display from MPH to KM/H and back

Use the MODE button to put the display to odometer mode "ODO" push and hold the MODE button for about 1/4 sec and push the RESET button, release both buttons.

It is in the manual; but on my bike simply pressing both buttons doesn't work

I am coming back from a ride at Lake Placid, New York, spotted another Orange Versys but did not catch the license plate

Charles Leblanc
2007 Versys
Givi Windshield and side case
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Last edited by charlesleblanc; 05-04-2009 at 07:12 PM.
charlesleblanc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator
 
Bear on a bicycle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Converse, Tx
Posts: 4,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Excellent!!



Bear on a bicycle is offline  
Old 05-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Quebec
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesleblanc View Post
Here is the trick to toogle your display from MPH to KM/H and back

Use the MODE button to put the display to odometer mode "ODO" push and hold the MODE button for about 1/4 sec and push the RESET button, release both buttons.

It is in the manual; but on my bike simply pressing both buttons doesn't work

I am coming back from a ride at Lake Placid, New York, spotted another Orange Versys but did not catch the license plate
I also had this problem 2 years ago. The way it works on mine is to press both buttons for a bit, then once you start moving the display changes. It doesn't change just by pressing the buttons.

Were you following another bike? I was there yesterday, and just caught a glance of a Versys, the only one I seen there.
allriding is offline  
 
Old 05-05-2009, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
charlesleblanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by allriding View Post
Were you following another bike? I was there yesterday, and just caught a glance of a Versys, the only one I seen there.
I was following a Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Blue with a Windshield.

I am a big guy and I had my full riding gear

I think that the encounter was close to the northen limit of the Aldirondack park.

Charles Leblanc
2007 Versys
Givi Windshield and side case
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
charlesleblanc is offline  
Old 05-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Quebec
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well, hello then Let's hope next time we'll meet on a straight section so I can at least wave and look your way, not look through the curve in the opposite direction
allriding is offline  
Old 05-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Member
 
brothercannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central VT
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The Versys is my first bike and I rode it home from the dealer. My uncle took me to the dealer and I followed him home. He is a rather strict stick to the rules kind of guy. When I was following him I had to do 80 just to keep up. Because I knew he wouldn't do 80 in a 55 mph area I knew something had to be wrong with the V. Well it turns out that the dealer never made sure the speedo was displaying mph and not kph. It made my first ride out on the road a bit more intresting.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
brothercannon is offline  
Old 05-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Member
 
asdf38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brothercannon View Post
The Versys is my first bike and I rode it home from the dealer. My uncle took me to the dealer and I followed him home. He is a rather strict stick to the rules kind of guy. When I was following him I had to do 80 just to keep up. Because I knew he wouldn't do 80 in a 55 mph area I knew something had to be wrong with the V. Well it turns out that the dealer never made sure the speedo was displaying mph and not kph. It made my first ride out on the road a bit more intresting.
thats awesome, it made me laugh... thanks

08 Versys 32+k and counting


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
asdf38 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Thread Tools



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome